RICHARD HAY

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
RICHARD HAY-the legendary designer of NYTECH and ION SYSTEMS and latterly associated with HEED AUDIO sadly passed away last week. Condolences to his wife and family. His audio designs have given great joy to myself and thousands of others all over the world-surely a great legacy to leave behind.

RICHARD HAY-the legendary designer of NYTECH and ION SYSTEMS and latterly associated with HEED AUDIO sadly passed away last week. Condolences to his wife and family. His audio designs have given great joy to myself and thousands of others all over the world-surely a great legacy to leave behind.

It's really sad. All my cracy ideas to improve my old Nytechs are in memoriam ....

Hi NWRL04-yes indeed a sad day-I have been a Nytech addict since 1976 and met Richard Hay when he was much younger when I visited his factory-an old converted garage -around about1980-I purchased a service manual and a phono upgrade for the Nytech 252 receiver(upgraded from 252 to 252 XD1) he was always improving things.I now have 2 Nytech receivers-and1 Ion Obelisk 1 and 1 CPA602 so I am following your re-builds with interest! These amplifiers are all very musical and easy to listen to but source standards are not as good as they used to be. The BBC is experimenting with high quality sound transmissions at the moment and the market here is changing to media players-I use a cheap Traxdata streamer through the Obelisk and the sound quality is very good so I get the best of both worlds-Digital and Analogue. cheers-stu1738

Hi NWRL04-yes indeed a sad day-I have been a Nytech addict since 1976 and met Richard Hay when he was much younger when I visited his factory-an old converted garage -around about1980-I purchased a service manual and a phono upgrade for the Nytech 252 receiver(upgraded from 252 to 252 XD1) he was always improving things.I now have 2 Nytech receivers-and1 Ion Obelisk 1 and 1 CPA602 so I am following your re-builds with interest! These amplifiers are all very musical and easy to listen to but source standards are not as good as they used to be. The BBC is experimenting with high quality sound transmissions at the moment and the market here is changing to media players-I use a cheap Traxdata streamer through the Obelisk and the sound quality is very good so I get the best of both worlds-Digital and Analogue. cheers-stu1738

Good to hear that you follow my rebuilds with interest. On Pinkfish there is also a former Nytech-addicht. His nickname is Nytecholdie ... maybe you know him. He gave me some good ideas for the PSU ....

I have now finished the electronic Cross over and the first CPA602s clone is living. First he burned, but finally we could get music out of it .....

I know that Richard Hay was following my rebuilds also on Pinkfish.

To bad that he's gone. Would be interesting to discuss my rebuilds with him ...

Regards from Germany

:hohoho:Hello NRWler04-thanks for your reply to my post-I don't know where you get the time-you must be soldering most of the day-that's quite a project you have taken on-I am sure there are a lot of people out there eagerly awaiting the end results- hopefully worth all the effort you have put in to it.

:hohoho:Hello NRWler04-thanks for your reply to my post-I don't know where you get the time-you must be soldering most of the day-that's quite a project you have taken on-I am sure there are a lot of people out there eagerly awaiting the end results- hopefully worth all the effort you have put in to it.

;)

Hello stu1738,

Currently I have not so much time to solder. I need also time to find for troubleshooting. I needed the time to find the reason why the 602-clone get's hot .....

I think at least we found it and currently I'm soldering the next amps to get music out of it.

The first results were quite promising ... :rolleyes:

Maybe you want to read this: pink fish media - View Single Post - Recapping of Nytech CPA 602

I think I will finish two 602 Clones (NERO SA 1) over the weekend.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.