Psychic pair fail scientific test

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2010
Regards ESP,

During my research, I did seem to become more sensitive..or changed in some way..not all of it was good, because you also became more sensitive to pain and some strange feelings..That can have an impact on you psychologically it takes a very strong person to research this kind of thing..

Precognition,

I had about six examples of Precognition, Here is one.
I was working on a breakdown on a piece of equipment..I replaced the faulty component..I put my hand on the isolator to turn the machine on..I instantly had a picture in my mind or the panel with flames comming out of it...It was very sudden and clear..The machine operator said whats wrong..I don't know I said..I'm just going to check something, so I rechecked my work and connections,,all was OK. I put my hand back on the isolator and the picture..was instant and vivid...the operator looked at me and I said listen this is what I'm seeing...I said listen I have got to turn it on, stand back a bit..and I stood to the side..I switched on the isolator and nothing happened..so I laughed and said must be my imagination..the machine started up..I walked about 50 meters and then could here shouting..I looked back and smoke was pouring out of the panel vents..Cutting a long story short it was nothing to do with my wiring the power transformer had just burnt up (old age?) I replaced it did nothing else and the machine ran for the next 10 years same transformer.

Clairvoyance

Seeing dead people..I have had so much that I could not know and so much evidence to me.. (I believe in something)

Clairsentience
The feeling of something close that has a physical effect on you like feeling tall, short , fat, thin, pain, I did feel something and it was not imagination.
This usually comes with the above, however it is the first point of contact..ie you feel then you see..if it goes that far.

Trance

They call this overshadowing...I was always in control even when I relaxed and my body would "Animate" it felt a bit like letting a puppet master control a puppet (normaly slow muscle contraction that would move parts of you that felt like it had a purpose)..I could always regain control at any time...however I did believe that it would be possible to sort of sleep walk<<ie be not conscious of what was going on<<<This to me was a concern<<<don't sit alone ever.

Telepathy

Again I have had so much from "others" that I cannot explain away and its not cold reading..(I believe it exists)..Between people and people and (other)<<call it what you will..

Physical mediumship
I have never seen this done..I wanted to try and achieve it (stupid comment because its not me doing it)..(I will not take the risk)..However the fact that a dog could see something must be linked to the physical unless the dog is Clairvoyant..
What ever does happen to you when you do this does effect you...it hightens senses..and you start to work at a different level....I have no doubt about it..
I think you should be very careful if you did do this because its not a good laugh..and it can go wrong if you don't take great care..I do think that its not about me having special powers..its about (something) that steps in (or soething that happens)and makes dormant powers active...Do I believe animals can see...yes!

Am I a sceptic..yes...I have seen some real fake stuff and I have seen "Mediums" that think there getting messages and its telepathy from the other person.. with the odd bit here and there.. (Its not their fault they just dont know whats taking place...)

(Interesting that all my sensitivity went bact to normal after leaving the circle)...I also know that there is a point of no return.. Perhaps some can take the path..I know a couple that said they wish the never had..because they want to turn it off and can't.
Looking back on it I find it hard to apply any logic or understanding..reasons for what I experienced..I have no answers.

Regards
M. Gregg

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2010
Here is a thought,

Have a laugh...Its a big IF..

Only just thinking about this..assuming for a moment that we did live on...could this be linked to the non physical "us"...well how could we function after death without it..how could you see, feel, etc..

This is just me thinking..so take it with a pinch of salt..I have no idea..However it would make sense why its not turned on now..

Then again its all just supposition..

Regards
M. Gregg

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
Its interesting,

Its not a believers quest...I regard myself as a sceptic.

There is one thing for sure...The coincidence becomes to improbable to be guess work or cold reading...Yes I will agree that some people may have some limited ability then make claims and get into a position where they might try to cold read in desperation..To put yourself forward as a medium I think either you are extremely confident or playing fool for a day..because this isn't like superman<<<I can prove beyond all doubt that its all true..its very strange and its not straight forward..

This is also not about trying to change someone’s ideas..its about trying to understand what is going on...
Lets break it down into possible maybes..

The muscle movement is epilepsy...the pictures are imagination that just fit into unbelievable scenarios that happen to fit the truth...the unconscious bit is hysteria...the heart beat change is just fear and the paralysis is also hysteria..

Its easy to pass it off...no problem..I did this for years after seeing “Things” when I was younger..

If we don't go on..then thats OK to...however what is going on..If its just telepathy..between people then that is still interesting...

Telekinesis ..if it exists would need a non physical part of us to have an effect on matter...that would be very strange..

It could just be that we have powers that are dormant and we have yet to learn about them...It could be that there is nothing...its all part of the game of life...

It would be fair to say that what I ended up with was more questions..I seemed to get answers, however they did not sit well with me..I wanted something solid and definate.

So here is the answer you are looking for there is nothing...

Regards
M. Gregg

Last edited:
ahh the decades old flatlander metaphor.... really??? Nothing more original as a defense of the believers quest than this??

Diversion and deflection used to support one's beliefs is about as unconvincing as it gets... you can do better

You too. Except, you believe that your beliefs are scientifically proven, while he believes he knows something that you don't because in order to know what he knows you will have to challenge your comforting beliefs. :D

The Dragon In My Garage
by Carl Sagan

"A fire-breathing dragon lives in my garage"

Suppose (I'm following a group therapy approach by the psychologist Richard Franklin) I seriously make such an assertion to you. Surely you'd want to check it out, see for yourself. There have been innumerable stories of dragons over the centuries, but no real evidence. What an opportunity!

"Show me," you say. I lead you to my garage. You look inside and see a ladder, empty paint cans, an old tricycle -- but no dragon.

"Where's the dragon?" you ask.

"Oh, she's right here," I reply, waving vaguely. "I neglected to mention that she's an invisible dragon."

You propose spreading flour on the floor of the garage to capture the dragon's footprints.

"Good idea," I say, "but this dragon floats in the air."

Then you'll use an infrared sensor to detect the invisible fire.

"Good idea, but the invisible fire is also heatless."

You'll spray-paint the dragon and make her visible.

"Good idea, but she's an incorporeal dragon and the paint won't stick." And so on. I counter every physical test you propose with a special explanation of why it won't work.

Now, what's the difference between an invisible, incorporeal, floating dragon who spits heatless fire and no dragon at all? If there's no way to disprove my contention, no conceivable experiment that would count against it, what does it mean to say that my dragon exists? Your inability to invalidate my hypothesis is not at all the same thing as proving it true. Claims that cannot be tested, assertions immune to disproof are veridically worthless, whatever value they may have in inspiring us or in exciting our sense of wonder. What I'm asking you to do comes down to believing, in the absence of evidence, on my say-so. The only thing you've really learned from my insistence that there's a dragon in my garage is that something funny is going on inside my head. You'd wonder, if no physical tests apply, what convinced me. The possibility that it was a dream or a hallucination would certainly enter your mind. But then, why am I taking it so seriously? Maybe I need help. At the least, maybe I've seriously underestimated human fallibility. Imagine that, despite none of the tests being successful, you wish to be scrupulously open-minded. So you don't outright reject the notion that there's a fire-breathing dragon in my garage. You merely put it on hold. Present evidence is strongly against it, but if a new body of data emerge you're prepared to examine it and see if it convinces you. Surely it's unfair of me to be offended at not being believed; or to criticize you for being stodgy and unimaginative -- merely because you rendered the Scottish verdict of "not proved."

Imagine that things had gone otherwise. The dragon is invisible, all right, but footprints are being made in the flour as you watch. Your infrared detector reads off-scale. The spray paint reveals a jagged crest bobbing in the air before you. No matter how skeptical you might have been about the existence of dragons -- to say nothing about invisible ones -- you must now acknowledge that there's something here, and that in a preliminary way it's consistent with an invisible, fire-breathing dragon.

Now another scenario: Suppose it's not just me. Suppose that several people of your acquaintance, including people who you're pretty sure don't know each other, all tell you that they have dragons in their garages -- but in every case the evidence is maddeningly elusive. All of us admit we're disturbed at being gripped by so odd a conviction so ill-supported by the physical evidence. None of us is a lunatic. We speculate about what it would mean if invisible dragons were really hiding out in garages all over the world, with us humans just catching on. I'd rather it not be true, I tell you. But maybe all those ancient European and Chinese myths about dragons weren't myths at all.

Gratifyingly, some dragon-size footprints in the flour are now reported. But they're never made when a skeptic is looking. An alternative explanation presents itself. On close examination it seems clear that the footprints could have been faked. Another dragon enthusiast shows up with a burnt finger and attributes it to a rare physical manifestation of the dragon's fiery breath. But again, other possibilities exist. We understand that there are other ways to burn fingers besides the breath of invisible dragons. Such "evidence" -- no matter how important the dragon advocates consider it -- is far from compelling. Once again, the only sensible approach is tentatively to reject the dragon hypothesis, to be open to future physical data, and to wonder what the cause might be that so many apparently sane and sober people share the same strange delusion.

One thing I find hilarious is when sceptics attempt to "explain" some peculiar occurrence, how they manage to contrive the most remarkably contorted explanation of how all the aspects can originate - reminds of those individuals who put their left foot behind their head and simultaneously wrap their right arm completely around their waist ...

Eh, eh, what's that ???! The earth is not the centre of the universe?! I'll have you know some of our age's greatest minds have conclusively demonstrated that there is a perfectly reasonable explanation for the movement of the spheres ... humphh ...

Frank

But, if every society has a version of the dragon in the garage, if a tribe deep in the jungle, never encountered before by "civilised" scientists, has stories which immediately evoke the image of that dragon, one then does tend to become a little curious ...

Of course, being rational, one then postulates something like, a very ancient group of individuals carefully visited every tribal grouping on earth in olden times, and instilled this "fairytale" set of ideas in their skulls over a period of generations. Excuse me, while I extricate my left foot from its uncomfortable position ...

Frank

You too. Except, you believe that your beliefs are scientifically proven, while he believes he knows something that you don't because in order to know what he knows you will have to challenge your comforting beliefs. :D

and why is that? I'm not trying to proove anything. You don't know my belief (or lack thereof) system.

I may not have "comforting beliefs". If I had I probably would never have received patents on my "unconventional" ideas many moons ago.

I simply discount mindless faith based nonsense, that's all... seems to be some here, unbecoming to this forum

Disabled Account
Joined 2004
Hmm...dumb people can't afford to be crazy. They can't lose their minds, there's nothing to lose there really - just a sweet nothingness. No... to go crazy you need a mind that thinks. The more it thinks the crazier it goes. Haha. Some threads make me lose my natural balance for a moment or two.

Hmm...dumb people can't afford to be crazy. They can't lose their minds, there's nothing to lose there really - just a sweet nothingness. No... to go crazy you need a mind that thinks. The more it thinks the crazier it goes. Haha. Some threads make me lose my natural balance for a moment or two.

We, Siberian bear farmers, don't have that natural balance, and don't subscribe to that ultimate realities. If The Bear is the master in Taiga, it's fine. But if a man with a rifle is the master in Taiga, so be it.

What to be afraid to loose except old boring beliefs in any case? :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.