Psychic pair fail scientific test

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hmm. Not sure about that. In my experience groups of humans form committees, and the collective intelligence drops like a stone. :D

Our experience is different from say experience of Native Americans who accept such organization idea since the antiquity. The difference is, our Western society is individualistic, but we still posses that faculties, even if they are not used, and denied, in our society, that's why when "psychics" rediscover their effects we are trying to fight back to protect our beliefs searching for lie. Instead of learning to use our own inherited faculties for our good. :)

Last edited:
Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
^ I'm sure I remember reading a book or seeing a movie where that was the case, I just can't remember what it was.... science fiction that is.

edit: a quick google search turned it up. It was "Speaker for the Dead" Orson Scott Card, and they weren't communicating with the humans, but with the piggies (a sentient race discovered on another
world).

Also anyone interested in the ideas of esp and telekinesis etc, might find another science fiction novel interesting. Robert A Heinline "Assignment in Eternity" I've also read volume 2 (and it was around 30 years ago) but I can't remember if it had the mental powers stuff or not.

Tony.

Last edited:
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Next you'll be telling us that trees have been trying to communicate with us for years, but psychically!
I've often wondered how trees perceive each other, or us. Do we seem like speedy little rats to them? Do the birds and squirrels seem like flees and lice to trees?
Do they like their tree neighbors, or even notice them? Many are so close they can't help but notice the other trees around them. If you don't like your tree neighbor, you can't just uproot and move to a new forest.

On a slight diversion, one sci fi story - I used to devour all the local libraries for every title on catalogue - that sticks in my mind is a novella, about an effort to rediscover a mechanism for achieving anti-gravity ...

A large group of highly accomplished physicists and technically capable people are shown, by a government agency, the leftovers of the research and video footage of a "nutter" who came to them, claiming to have conquered the great challenge. Initially ignored, he was eventually able to convince the agency to witness a working demonstration, filmed by the agency, which was part of the video record. A terrible accident occurred, which destroyed the only working mechanism and killed the inventor. And then the group is told, we, the agency, are convinced this bloke was onto something, and so we want you to sift through the remains, and see if you can work out what he did ...

Of course, a major chunk of the scientists said it was an obvious hoax, you should have realised that - and move on. The hero, with others, is intrigued and decide to try to make some sense of it: they thrash and thrash, getting nowhere fast, nothing seems to correlate. Then, out of the blue, the hero gets a flash of inspiration, and realises that something resembling anti-gravity is possible, not using anything related to the leftovers, quite a different approach in fact! Excitedly, he puts together a proof of concept with the others, and proudly shows his accomplishment to the agency ...

Many of you will know what's coming - the agency people exchange looks with other, and then gently announce that the whole thing was a setup. All the "evidence" had been very specifically, and carefully, faked to convince, at least some, scientists that the hurdle had been surmounted, reasoning that would be enough to tickle the interest, egos and energies of the people with the smarts to make the breakthrough ...

The power of positive thinking ...

Frank

Last edited:
I clicked on the first link. Obviously nothing of value there. The suggested link is from the same site. I quote,
"The new children experience both the everyday subtle sensory experiences and occasionally have those very special moments of connection with the ALL.
Many of us parents can tell you that when our children experience the spiritual reality the very energy of the air vibrates."
I guess my reading comprehension is on a different level. I was going to include an "emphasis mine" statement, but at this point that brick wall over there is telepathically informing me that it is a better conversationalist. C'est la vie... au revoir.

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
"I see dead people..."

:)

I can't resist..

Please explain this to me because I don't have the answer..
Another "sit" in a circle (More advanced after about 2 years)
All the usual group sitting in a low light room..I do the usual and watch the darkness in my mind...the usual light trick with blobs of white and grey drifting into a fuzzy image..in my mind..the feeling a pressure behind me.

Then I see a woman features all in "grey scale" very faint colours..so I zoom in (just like a camera with view finder....Ah OK I see grey hair and she has her hands covering her face..looking through her fingers...so thinking I will sound like a complete nutter I say, " I have an old lady looking through her fingers at me". Yes says another person do you have a name..No I said..what else do you get. I zoom in and can twist the image and look arround her..then I see what looks like a burn on the left side of her face..so I tell what I can see (I see a burn)..Then OHHH I can see her teeth and part of the skull her top lip is missing oh the left side (I don't say this part of what I can see)..I am wary to say any thing, I think its my mind playing tricks on me...The man opposite me says, " I had an auntie when I was little she used to hide her face from the children..she got a cold sore infected on her upper lip (it would look like a burn to you) and it got infected..there were no drugs at the time to stop it..so it eat the top of the lip away and you could see her teeth and the bone where the skin had seperated...

NB.. I am not a medium<<<I can't do it and this is only one of hundreds of examples..

Regards
M. Gregg

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
From the research..
Looking at superstition,

Before the start of any circle one person would say a prayer...something like, " we ask for our friends and loved ones to join us tonight in this circle of love and light"....etc, etc

It seemed to have an effect (Very strange)...A bit like a mantra in meditation..

I'm not a religious person..but I was always more relaxed when it was done..I don't think I would have sat if it was not done..<<superstition I guess.

Amongst all this was stuff they called knowledge..pictures and images information..Etc Etc.. not to be expanded (it just came into your mind as you sat..)

IF this has any reality..then I would have to say that I believe it is as hard from "The other side" as it is here..Maybe more so..Why you may ask..well I think that the muscle contraction etc etc..could be what they experienced here..maybe pain could be involved.. Again its all just research...( It did make me wary<<a bit like the child afraid of the dark (unknown)...Silly isn't it ) Take from that I do think I was in contact with something real.. NB >something<

Strange not one lesson of how to cold read anyone...

Regards
M. Gregg

Last edited:
M. Gregg;
it can be synesthesia, when information perceived by some senses or other means causes images that "complete" this information to some known image that is better to understand. Like audiophiles hear "soft" sound that they can't touch, or "bright" sound that they can't see, but such sensations have more meaning for them than sounds alone. I believe similar phenomenon causes aura, when mind organizes an information in the form of color cloud around the head. I don't mean channels of perception, I mean representation of information. Such tricks of representation can be learned. I know one doctor that sees a gauge in his imagination that shows him blood sugar level. He trained himself to do that. It does not mean that he "sees the gauge from an outer world", but what he sees is well calibrated. People even organize control panels in their minds to measure and control functions of their bodies. And that panels really work.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.