Psychic pair fail scientific test

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What gets me is the resemblance of an atom and the solar system and a molecule and a galaxy and the very large view of the cosmos and a brain with its attendant dendrites and nodes! Spooky. Buddha said that the universe is a gigantic brain and we are figments of its imagination Spookier!
There is no resemblance to atoms and the solar system except in very old, outdated models.
They used those models a century ago to explain a new concept to people with no idea.

How would I know that I lost if I did not care? Indeed, it is tough question. ;)

It was the first and last time when I decided to play. And the coincidence was such as it can't be ignored. Got 4 numbers, _one_by_one_ of first horses that come first one by one. If I put that 4 numbers in the right order the price that I paid for the car could be returned. But I switching on my ego was a bit afraid to loose, and put 3 numbers only, for a chance that they will come first in any order, and returned the exact price for the speakers.
Then, after I started learning to master such skills, I learned that this "Don't care" attitude works indeed, as was taught by Mystic Masters of the antiquity. That's why when demonstrations that involve ego are conducted they fail. They contradict the main requirement: to switch off desires of Ego, in order to work. I can't tell you more, sorry, because the oath I gave to the Order is similar requirement, in order to learn and master such skills.
"Don't care" is critically important.
That is why most testing will fail.

There is no resemblance to atoms and the solar system except in very old, outdated models.
They used those models a century ago to explain a new concept to people with no idea.

Yes, models of atoms were used to explain on known examples something new. But it is amazing how more and more complex assemblies of subsystems are organized in more complex systems, and their properties are more than the sum of properties of subsystems. And indeed from this perspective Cosmos looks like a huge endless brain.

Nope, flocking behaviour can be simulated very easily with a few lines of code and a CGI particle model.

Why "Nope"? Can they simulate themselves, without your decision what to simulate, how to simulate? Can a heap of parts thrown together simulate themselves as an amplifier? Nope, some external organizing activity is needed. Or, some already pre-included in them property to act as a single organism when assembled together, to organize this new bigger entity with new properties from themselves.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Flocking is what's called an emergent behaviour. All each bird has to do is follow a few simple rules to create what we see. There is no external organising activity needed. Google for "Game of life" to see what can happen in this sort of situation. Fascinating, but not supernatural.

Yes. That's how cold reading works.
Somewhat off topic... when I visit my parents they have never ever asked, "What are you doing here?"
Testing is real simple.
Take a photograph of the subject.
Write an 8 digit # on the back.
Place the photograph in an envelope.
Seal the envelope.
Give the 8 digit # to a third party who has no connection with the photograph.
Have the third person give the 8 digit # to the psychic.
Have the psychic do the reading based on the # .
A good psychic will give you an accurate reading, without reading you.

Yes, models of atoms were used to explain on known examples something new. But it is amazing how more and more complex assemblies of subsystems are organized in more complex systems, and their properties are more than the sum of properties of subsystems. And indeed from this perspective Cosmos looks like a huge endless brain.
I was only commenting on the one model about atoms.
I agree about the cosmos-brain similarities.

Flocking is what's called an emergent behaviour. All each bird has to do is follow a few simple rules to create what we see. There is no external organising activity needed. Google for "Game of life" to see what can happen in this sort of situation. Fascinating, but not supernatural.

We all can see what can happen, the fascinating question is "Why". Like we all know about gravitation, how it "happens"... And how it happens when many living cells are organized in organisms. Nothing is supernatural, everything is natural. Just hard to explain without assumption of existence of unrecognized yet forces. Scientific complexities can be used in order to ignore such questions, but to me it is not wise. That's why I am so interested in ancient schools of wisdom, because they offer practical experiments with practical results. :)

External or internal it does not matter. What matters, some of them are "pre-wired" to organize in such "organisms", twice in an year, some are not. I never saw cats migrating in triangles. The same physics, different behavior. But I saw bees organized differently. And ants. Quite fascinating!

A very accessible and entertaining treatment is "Darwin's Dangerous Idea."

It can't be a treatment. It can be an explanation of "how it could happen", but based on Darwin's theory you can't deny that human egregores possess mental properties of higher level than separate human beings. Such properties could be caused by "Dawrin's survival theory" when tribes protected themselves from predators, in order to survive.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.