Psychic pair fail scientific test

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What do you see on this picture: are their synapses connected? But they act like the one organism. Like cells in their bodies.

Attachments

• juravli.jpg
    juravli.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 76
they are doing what is economical in terms of energy. This is not a pattern that is psychic or proof of shared thinking (in the psychic sense). Its just easiest for them to move like this. Its a learned behaviour in all likelihood - I have not bothered to check. They are not acting like one organism. THey are acting as you would expect any group in any setting to behave given the groups purpose. Cyclists do it. Aircraft do it. Herds of wild animals do it when in migration or transition events - they group themselves to minimise energy use. They don't have to understand the physics of it and not understanding but doing does not make it magical or a sign of linked intellects.

I'm pretty sure you would be aware of this wavebourn and this is one of your clever trolls!

btw, its a delta formation. There is no base for it so its not a triangle

i doubt they calculate. Like all animals, they do what is easiest. When I ride in a group of cyclists, we dont need ot calculate what is most efficient - we put the strongest rider at the front, and spell him out when he starts to slow. We take turns at the front on the basis of the ability to maintain speed without over exerting. Sometimes you call the next rider up, sometimes they just come through. Its not psychic - its a response to the obvious. If you watch it from the outside without any understanding, it looks like a complex dance. the patterns of action suggests communication, and there IS communication. Its just not paranormal.

no, we do understand it. We understand non-verbal communication very well. We use it all the time - more often than we realise, largely because it is so natural. We modern western civilised types are actually very good at it - we moderate our behaviour in groups and one-on-one on he bais of a huge range of signals and communications entirely unspoken.

Its very, boringly, normal.

That doen't mean its universally recognised. Its this lack of recognition that psychics and "higher consciousness" salespeople take advantage of

The subject turns to bird brains. How appropriate.
(I'm kidding!! It was just laying there, much too easy not to pass up!):)
But seriously, some comments made are truly bizarre. Does that mean they have paranormal origins? No, just a desire to abandon facts and reason. Nothing more.

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
I wasn't,

going to expand further regards "the message" that the medium gave me as "Proof" of contact+ the change in heart rhythm etc..However Its very hard to explain away, here it is..

Medium don't talk to me just listen...

This is off you...you are working on (at work and having problems with)Blah Blah..you are having problems with Blah blah<<she was correct...this is something you know and I can read from you...OK

Change in feeling and heart beat change again..

This is something from spirit...Did you know your mother (68 at the time) has been to hospital and they have done tests for cancer..she has had a recall and shes worried..don't worry about it its just that the mammaogram was not clear enough there is nothing wrong...

I said thats rubbish..I take my mother to all her appointments and she has not been to the hospital for any tests for any reason..

The medium said..I'm sorry it comes as a shock, however if you don't know and spirit do know I can't get it from you can I?

I went home and then went straight to my mothers house..My father (70) said what are you doing here..I have to ask you something...has mom had any tests ..my dad what do you mean..has she had any tests at hospital..
How the hell do you know about that? We haven't told anyone, noboby just your mother and me went to the hospital because she has found a lump in here breast, I took her last week because we didn't want to worry any one..shes been called back we had the letter this morning..

I told them what had happened..when she arrived they did the test and it came back all clear..

I have never met this medium before or since.. Yes I know its all cold reading isn't it...

From My experience..this mixing up of pictures from self and from (call it what you will)..so very difficult..there are mediums and mediums..if you get my thoughts..some are OK very few are very, very good....Its a science<<pun intended..This is true nothing added or twisted..as it happened..

Regards
M. Gregg

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2010
The question,

What are you doing here..was because I usually see them on Tuesday, Wed, Fri, It was Monday...:)

I should add that I spent 4 years researching this..and nobody has detectives looking at bins and paperwork...They are genuine people just looking for the truth..just like all of us..
(Usually old gits... like we are all going to be..:D)

Regards
M. Gregg

Last edited:
This cold reading sounds like pretty powerful stuff, guess I'd better take a few lessons in some of the finer points: if I babble away for ten minutes on front of a complete stranger I should be able then to be aware of every illness in their immediate family, gain knowledge of every personal trauma that's occurred over a lifetime, have a full understanding of their financial affairs ...

I'm quite intrigued that it's not a standard course to be taken by all doctors, psychologists, lawyers, etc ...

Frank

Cold reading

It is one familiar to all mentalists and most magicians, and indeed you can be trained to do it. You have it backward, though- the point of cold reading is to subtly encourage the mark to babble, not to babble yourself.

A skilled practitioner is almost spooky.

Interestingly, it's sometimes done unconsciously- see The Clever Hans story for an example. Likewise, Ray Hyman's "Cold reading: how to convince strangers that you know all about them."

edit: After looking on my bookcase shelf for a good general guide to cold reading to recommend, I found Ian Rowland's "The Full Facts Book of Cold Reading." Very worthwhile, and Rowland (I'm sure using psychic abilities) anticipated your question about training for various occupations. See http://www.ianrowland.com/ for details.

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
I decided,

The only way to find out what was going on was to sit in a circle and assume I would train to be a medium...This meant that I would learn what they were doing..here is my first "sit" for learning experience..

I had done meditation with some burmese monks as part of Martial training to try to under stand KI. So I had an idea what to expect..

I was surprised to find a circle of chairs in a room with low lighting "that stayed on at all times".. I sat, everyone sat down all laughing and joking like a social club..Then everyone went quiet..and closed their eyes except three people..I was peeking...We sat for an hour and a half...after about half an hour I got bored..people were saying in turn what they could see..I was getting nothing..

So I thought I won't waste the time I will meditate and cycle the KI as I do in the meditation class...The woman next to me said she could see Blah..blah.

So I turned my head to look at her...(I couldn't move)...Then my heart beat went faster..then I thought..C**p..I'm going to have a heart attack..Relax I thought it will go off...Then my breathing got heavy and my fingers started to tingle..felt like touching a TV screen (static)..the woman next to me said to someone else we have a problem...are you OK..I tried to talk and couldn't speak..Some people came over and said its OK you have someone close..ask it to back away in your head...I said can you move back please...and the feeling got way over the top...I could see pictures and my muscles locked up..I hear her say we need some healers I felt the people get close to me and the feeling reduced enough for me to talk..I could feel a pressure from behind me that seemed to move when I spoke...There is a lot more, however to cut a long story short..It frightened me..however it also got me curious...
The cat comes to mind...now I wanted to know what I had felt..was it all an illusion...Of couse it was it has to be dosen't it..my breathing makes the tingles etc..so I went back...it happened again this time I could control it..
This was two weeks in..(the start of four years) (The marley and his ghost comes to mind ..what evidence would you have above that of your own senses) (+ for me animals and so much stuff you could write a book..however it only means something to someone whos done it)

This is a development circle<<what the ****has this to do with cold reading? No body in the circle cared If you got something or not...they were healers that tried to help people. (Many people sat and got nothing) They still stayed..why? Its easy to pass it off alterd states of mind a bit of underdone potatoe..You were tripping out...it was a trick of the light..The messages that were accurate...the images that others could see..

What does all this mean? (nothing)<<honest..because I don't have the answers..What I didn't do was get with a group of nutters and take dope with a Ouija board and leave myself wide open.

Now lets look at the first post science finds Psychics fail test..( I don't care if they failed..I don't know what the something is...Im not easily fooled<<HAHA)
I do believe if you look for something you could find it<<how many would want to?

Sorry its so long, however you asked..:) I'll shut up now..

Regards
M. Gregg

Clever Hans... Clever Hans... makes me think of Ricky Jay's Learned Pigs and Fireproof Women. Anyway, cold reading is known in many professions. A local haunted house attraction (the Halloween kind!) had a write-up in the newspaper Wednesday. I quote, "Like a good grifter, 15-year-veteran Nightmare actor Bruce McColley scans every group that enters his room, looking for a mark. By studying facial ticks and body language, he can within seconds pick out the most easily scared.
He then pounces on the group's weak spot. And that starts a chain reaction." (Note their use of the "grifter" comparison.)
Ray Hyman is a PhD psychologist, BTW.

What does all this mean? (nothing)<<honest..because I don't have the answers..What I didn't do was get with a group of nutters and take dope with a Ouija board and leave myself wide open.
Not to worry, M Gregg, the universe is very tolerant, has enormous breadth for allowing all attitudes and ways of being to safely co-exist. If a person chooses a path where the set of beliefs include the concept that "reality" is relatively inflexible then that's to serve a certain purpose; a hurdler has different challenges from that of the long distance runner ...

Frank

no, we do understand it. We understand non-verbal communication very well. We use it all the time - more often than we realise, largely because it is so natural. We modern western civilised types are actually very good at it - we moderate our behaviour in groups and one-on-one on he bais of a huge range of signals and communications entirely unspoken.

Its very, boringly, normal.

That doen't mean its universally recognised. Its this lack of recognition that psychics and "higher consciousness" salespeople take advantage of

Non-verbal communication indeed is what's going on, and percent of information that we exchange non-verbally is sometimes higher than our verbal communications allow, but the point is in channels of communications. When practitioners "let it go", switch off reasoning intentionally, they learn to gain more information non-verbally than can be obtained by reasoning. But some phenomena can't be explained by sensory perception only. Like in case of birds organization of organisms can't be explained by the sum of organisms. As if it creates one more organism, on higher level of organization.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.