What are you Watching?

National Geographic Channel "Long Road Home"
The Long Road Home - National Geographic Channel

Gripping telling of events surrounding Black Sunday -April 4, 2004.

Regardless of your politics, those who volunteer to serve as raw material for the meat grinder that the mid-east conflicts have become deserve all the respect and far more care and support upon their attempt to return to "normal" life.

I've read all the books, but have not gotten past season 2 yet.
So far it's pretty good, I think they make pretty good choices on what to focus on in the series storyline. Usually I grit my teeth in pain over the insane adaption choices done from book to film or series, not so with The Expanse (at least so far).

Have to wait until the mrs is gone on something to watch my stuff, she gets scared so easily. A bit strange since she enjoys a lot of Crime/Detective series, mostly non-US made ones.

Oh really?! I've seen most episodes, but not this one :(. One of the best concerts ever at the Fabulous Fox, all three nights for his 'You had to be there' live album and wish I'd borrowed some $$$ to experience the Miami one. It was one of the few concerts that it's a shame it wasn't broadcast worldwide.

GM

Chris:
Roberta Draper is probably the toughest character to portray, I think she does a good job so far. It is a very delicate balancing act. It is not possible to include absolutely everything from the books, but they really do seem to try.
I think Avasarala and her husband are so spot on it's funny. Miller could be a bit "more of a dick" so to speak.

Edit:
We just watched the last episode of "Last man on earth" season 3. I saw the end of Lewis miles away, just hoping they would not go that route because it would be soooooo predictable. I guess they just did not know what to do with him as a character, such a waste.

First season was a bit tiresome, but it does get better, and it's been interesting so far.

Last edited:
thanks for the hint on Last Man - I'll see if I can Netflix that one

right after binging on Handmaid's Tale (S2), Seal Team6, The Disappearance, and a few others I'm not at home right now to review on my recordings list.

Rather enjoying "The Crossing" ; probably mentioned before, but there are several interesting takes on the whole time travel thing - laws of physics etc be damned.

Oh really?!
For your viewing pleasure. Did you miss Jimmy Buffett on the season... - NCIS New Orleans
The whole song is there but of course it was edited down to a few clips lasting about 1 minute in the show.
Fabulous Fox,<snip> 'You had to be there'
I've heard about the 'Wild and crazy Fox theatre' since the album came out and I was in Atlanta a month ago for a wedding. We happen to drive by but that's about as close as I'll get unfortunately.