What are you Watching?

Made the effort to watch Dune 2 in IMAX.
Big fan of the books, have read the original 6 twice.
Somewhat disappointing. There were some spectacular visuals that were exciting to watch, I'll give him that.

However, Denis Villeneuve really butchers the book plot, I would go so far as to say even mockingly so, although probably unintentional. Florence Pugh as Princess Irulan, hahahaha. And the big shocking plot point near the end you might be eagerly awaiting as I was to see how it might be handled with modern SFX? Completely ignored, not present at all.

"Summer with Monika" -- this Bergman film was mentioned by Woody Allen s in an interview he gave on PBS (Public Broadcast in the US). Criterion Collection did not have it until after the mention . One of Bergman's earlier movies.

As a chem major there were so many required courses and labs that one had to select their electives very carefully. I am glad indeed that I took a couple of film course, particularly those of the American silent era.

Made the effort to watch Dune 2 in IMAX.
Big fan of the books, have read the original 6 twice.
Somewhat disappointing. There were some spectacular visuals that were exciting to watch, I'll give him that.

However, Denis Villeneuve really butchers the book plot, I would go so far as to say even mockingly so, although probably unintentional. Florence Pugh as Princess Irulan, hahahaha. And the big shocking plot point near the end you might be eagerly awaiting as I was to see how it might be handled with modern SFX? Completely ignored, not present at all.
Haven’t seen the part 2 yet. This scene from the first movie is one of my favorites!!!

Yeah, not a big fan of that scene. There is what I consider a better scene in Dune 2 where the Fremen make a surprise attack on the Harkonnen soldiers, but of course the Sardaukar are supposed to be better warriors than the Harkonnens.

Watched The Holdovers on Sat night. Why can't Hollywood make more of these understated movies? Oscar richly deserved.