Whats out there: beyond earth

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2010
Its also interesting,

That even if there have been infinite big bangs each one is still a Genesis..

To dream for a moment..could this be the creation of life (infinite like generating power for a light bulb)..that is never meant to stay here like the caterpillar that becomes the butterfly..

The Big bang would then be the Genesis of life for an infinite number of "higher" places..
This being a lower level..

All just for fun.

Regards
M. Gregg

Last edited:
Its also interesting,

That even if there have been infinite big bangs each one is still a Genesis..

To dream for a moment..could this be the creation of life (infinite like generating power for a light bulb)..that is never meant to stay here like the caterpillar that becomes the butterfly..

The Big bang would then be the Genesis of life for an infinite number of "higher" places..
This being a lower level..

All just for fun.

Regards
M. Gregg

Perhaps those periodic Big Bangs are merely the Heartbeat of God.

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
An interesting thought,

Remember time is relative to the viewer so like looking from some where else the events could be as you say not periodic as in long intervals just,

Boom, Boom, Boom, Boom>>infinity

Remember how long a year was when you were 2 or 3 years old and how quick it gets as you age..it seems relative to how long you have been alive. Or how close to the end..perhaps how a fly sees the world and how slow we seem to move to them.

Just for fun.

Regards
M. Gregg

Well ,

The ideas of a multiverse or simple bubble universes. That come into contact with each other that could explain expansion (infinate) and infinate big bangs seems feasable..more so than a single universe from my logic point of view..

It is as you say not provable..except in the imaging of the background radiation that may give an impact point..

I do have a few things I find difficult to explain linked to metaphysical experiences..be that as it may..I do have more faith in a multiverse system than a mono universe system with a big bang.
I will have a look at the book you suggest..:)

I hope mankind will reach an understanding at some point that everything "Just is" and a profound insite. What ever that may be..

Regards
M. Gregg

String theory doesn't really say anything about the number of potential universes. It does say something about extra curled up dimensions. Not the same thing. The multiverse thing goes back to some guy called Hugh Everett III, the father of the guy who is behind the band The Eels.

One problem with string theory is that to explain phenomenon A we have to pick just the right version of it. Unfortunately it will be incompatible with the version which does explain phenomenon B.
In the last 20 odd years it has not lead to any further insights and no advancement has been achieved at all.
It does however keep a lot of theoretical physicists in employment, all coming up with new versions explaining some facet or another and all completely incompatible with each other.
A sophisticated mathematical version of painting by numbers achieving absolutely nothing to further our understanding of the universe.

Quantum Gravity Theory is a lot more promising.

Deep Time

I always thought the concept of deep time was a difficult concept to get my head around......The idea that the BB was a "time" whereby everything was happening so very quickly....the age of Stars very brief, to be followed by expansion of the universe to the point where a single Atom occupied space of the same size of our currently known universe.
Think about this...our universe now is thought to be 14 Billion years or so....Nine zeros worth.......deep time has those zeros going way up....Nine, 90, 9000, 9 to the ????...........nth. The Big bang is essentially a firecracker going off, the light the age of stars..........the bits & pieces flying of into an infinity of distance......time then, has no meaning...as in no point of reference because nothing has happened for so very, very long.

_________________________________________________________Rick........

If we were able to reach speeds which would make distant space travel possible ie a significant fraction of the speed of light the travellers might be on their journey for about 10 or 20 years. But on their return they would find that hundreds of years will have passed for those who stayed behind on earth.

Something to ponder…

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
As I said there are an infinite number of string theories all based on the right equations saying anything you'd like them to, it is just a matter of picking the right one for your purpose.
What maths say does not really matter. My uncle, who has a PhD in Mathematics, explained it to me quite simply thus: Mathematics is the language of science. Only because it is possible to express something mathematically does not mean anything at all, the same way I can form the the grammatically correct sentence 'The mountain jumped over the tree' does in no way mean or even proof that mountains indeed jump over trees.

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
As I said there are an infinite number of string theories all based on the right equations saying anything you'd like them to, it is just a matter of picking the right one for your purpose.
What maths say does not really matter.

I agree,
However if it's backed up by tests at CERN or WMAP imaging then what?
The argument becomes moot.

Regards
M. Gregg

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
The WMAP imaging,

May show universe collision as opposed to just the big bang..

I'm not saying any theory is perfect..
Just that the theorys will alter with time and what we know now (one universe with one big bang) I expect to relegated to the bin of history as time moves on.

In the same way I believe that all life is "cast"(set what can be will be and no more) in a form from the moment of the big bang and that the big bang isn't over we are in it now, or should I say that the big bang will end when atropy reaches its climax.

So all the interaction etc taking place now is still the result of the big bang ongoing until all energy dies from it or possibly becomes zero point.

Regards
M. Gregg

Last edited:
Latest research hints at the universe being much larger than the ca. 14 billion light years we can observe ie it may well be infinite yet expanding at the same time.

I haven't got a problem with that, in fact I expected something like this for a long time but this does not in any way verify or dismiss string theory. It remains untestable.

It would be nice,

to know more about the Oort Cloud however it supposed to be a light year away..Voyager is the farthest point we have reached so far and its never going to reach it in our life time..:(

Its supposed to be where the mass extinction event meteorites come from.

Regards
M. Gregg

I thought the Oort cloud was still within the suns sphere of influence. They do orbit. As the first Voyager is in the boundary region, would that not mean it has passed it? Or is the Oort cloud subject to interstellar winds but still sun's gravity?

Would one define time as a number line or as the tape on a turing machine ?

Is there time without change or change without time ?

My logic experiment says time is a unidirectional dimension. It started for us at the big bang. Others say it is just how we describe relationships and it does not exist as the universe sees it.

This leaves me conflicted because like it or not, I have seen way too accurate precognition. I don't like it and I don't understand it. No time means everything that could ever happen has already happened. So the universe has already expanded forever, and it has already collapsed, and the big-bang has never happened. All are just as real.

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
I think as tvrgeek says,

I have had premoniton very vivid and real so its not just a glitch in memory as people would have you believe..I did a lot of work with strange things with help of healers..this may or may not be relevant..however it was when I was sensitive to this kind of thing at the time here is an example..

I went to a machine breakdown and did a repair..as I put my hand on the isolator to turn it back on I had a quick sort of daydream and saw the panel with flames comming out of it(in my mind)..I stopped with my hand on the isolator for a bout 30 seconds..one of the operators was standing by me and asked what was wrong so I thought for the sake of sounding mad I told him what I had seen..
I said I have got to turn it on after checking my work again..the same thing happend when I put my hand on the isolator so I told him to stand back which he did...I powered it up and nothing happened the machine started up..I laughed and said my imagination..LOL

I walked away and I got about 100 yards from the panel and the operator started shouting me back..I looked around and smoke was pouring out of the panel I ran over and powerd the machine down..after using CO2 to put out the transformer on the control circuit..i checked everthing again no burning on what I had done all perfect..I changed the Tx and did nothing else it ran up perfect and was still running 5 years later..

Sorry for the long story..I am not disturbed by this kind of thing, I know it's real..Of course the question is is it us seeing it or someone else that then tells us in a premonition..Its called protection..when its time to leave this life the protection will end.

Regards
M. Gregg

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.