The Music

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
He's jealous because my system with my CD-94 and Chinese super DAC sounds better than his Naim system with a £2K CD player.Sorry M Gregg a lot of those things you mentioned I haven't a clue what most of them are. The Dr T's are all DC coupled and I think the PSU caps are Elna 22,000uF, funds permitting I should replace them as they must be about 25 years old.
Any thoughts on twin cable for interconnects? the comments from my mate refers to some 300ohm slotted ribbon cable I used for inter connects and when I compared them the £200 Van Den Hull cables many years ago they were much better. At that time I worked as a service engineer in Gateshead for the main Naim,Linn,Meridian,Linn dealership and of course Musical Fidelity even the boss thought my cables were better.....

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2010
This only my thoughts..

With interconnects either a twisted pair with shield and drain wire..which makes it directional is better than using the shield as a conductor.. unless you have one end of shield disconnected to remove hum..

And again its personal preference however I like silver plated copper PTFE made into a cable..Silver is also good however you have to be careful of solder types..Its worth trying different things..if you are using analoge digital interconnect a silver twist works well..There are some differences with optic again each to his own..

Each to his own I guess...:D

Regards
M. Gregg

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2010
The most important thing,

Is its not about spending money..look around and you can pick things up at reasonable cost and try different things..

I have tried silver wire with PTFE sleeve from a Jewellers or the Jupiter cable is quite good..just search around..make the cable then cover with heat shrink and fit the plugs..If the cable is driven then you can normally get away with twisted pair..unless you are using balanced..

Regards
M. Gregg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.