which is best actor?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2007
Paid Member
What?!? You guys are kidding, right?

No love for Master Thespian!?!? :confused:

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 71
Don't start me on HP's call centre!!

Why?
They are nice!
After sending in e-mail attachment of wrong service manual that describes where to find a dip switch that actually must be a jumper they ship you a brand new motherboard instead of admitting the error! :D

Edit: sorry, about actors... I like many of them. Yesterday I was impressed by Gretchen Mol in 13'th Floor. She played very different characters, and played them great!

Last edited:
Yesterday I was impressed by Gretchen Mol in 13'th Floor. She played very different characters, and played them great!

+1 on 13th Floor and Gretchen Mol. I first saw that movie in-flight back from Singapore in 1999 and only caught the tail end of it. I didn't even catch its name to find it later. Then a few years ago a student recommended it to me.

Two of my fave actors are Ralph Fiennes and Cate Blanchett. Awesome team in 'Oscar and Lucinda'.

Good to see someone else who appreciates John Voight.
Cate Blanchett (fellow Aussie).
Meryl Streep is obviously extraordinary good but I have developed something of an aversion to watching her, so while I can be impressed by the technique I don't usually warm to the character.
My landlord of 1972 was the local film festival director in Melbourne and he put me on to Peter Finch (another Aussie) , excellent.
Helen Mirren, always. If you get a chance to see "Red", watching her fire a .50 cal' machine gun in full evening dress is worth the price of the ticket alone. I understand a sequel is coming out too.
Gene Hackman at times......
Don't want to sound completely "corny" but I must admit I thought Arnie in "Junior" was really good
and Kevin Kline is consistently impressive.

Last edited:
I read somewhere that when people are asked about their favourite actor they often specify that person when they are in a particular role. I have one instance of that where I was really impressed with Mimi Rogers (Mr. Cruise's first wife actually) in "Someone to watch over me". In subsequent films she just never worked for me. So maybe it was the direction (early Ridley Scott) of the hair stylist, clothes or something....

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.