What is your favorite book?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
As others have mentioned, after so many years and so many books, it is impossible to pick only one, but I would like to add two favorites to the list. I don’t read fiction books often but one that left quite an impression was Tuareg by Alberto Vazquez-Figueroa. In the non-fiction category I select The Secret Doctrine by Helena P. Blavatsky.

I enjoyed and loved many books. LOTR was among them, The Perfume by Suskind, Hemingways Old man and the sea, Still looking for Morphine by Nikol Rousou ( Νικολ Ρουσου ) and many others.

But the one book i will always recommend and read with the same excitment is Blindness by Jose Saramago. And the movie wasnt the disappointment i expected. Worths the time too.

Disabled Account
Joined 2004
My favorite book is unfinished. How cool is that? It's The castle by Franz Kafka.

Honorable mentions:

- Fear and Trembling - Søren Kierkegaard.
- Molloy - Samuel Beckett.
- Crime and Punishment - Fyodor Dostoyevsky.

Anything written by Arthur Schopenhauer. Bah, I'm forgetting many: a silly attempt anyway. There goes my soul.

The Iliad, The Odyssey and LOTR are very entertaining books, I should say. In the Adventure Genre I like Poe too.

Last edited:
I've always wanted to read that but never have.

I should look it up - thank heaven for abebooks.com (and other sources of used books)!

If you want to read it on a computer, tablet or any other reading device, you can download a free electronic copy at The Theosophical Society. Click on ONLINE LITERATURE and scroll down to H. P. Blavatsky.
If you prefer a printed copy they also sell those under the BOOKS IN PRINT link.

been having a lot of fun lately with Bill Bryson - but would have to say my favorites of his so far was "A Short History of Nearly Everything" - what a grade 6 science primer should have been, and "At Home - a Short History of Private Life"

a few others

"Raj" - Gita Mehta
"Ground Beneath her Feet" - Salmon Rushdie
"My Ishmael" and "The Story of B" - Daniel Quinn

"The China Study" - Dr T C Campbell and Thomas M Campbell

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.