summer: worst time to be an audiophile

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
No problem. Our power company will do me the favor of turning off my AC several times today so it won't bother me at all!

Old house with too small duct work so excessive noise. Major highway a mile off, Grabage GE brand refrig (never again) and the buzz of cheap Chinese CFL's. Never mind the guy two doors down with no mufflers on his Harley, or the other guy with no muffler on his Fiat 124 turbo.

No, the problem now is we are so few in number. There are almost no stores. When I lived in Boulder there were two serious high end stores, three mid-fi and the largest used store in the country. Between DC and Baltimore, we have one mid-fi store and one high end in Baltimore. A couple small ones are holding out by appointment but they have nothing much on display. The market is for portable. Listening to music as a pass time is now rare. A bit of cheese, good bread, nice beverage, and music is what life is for.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.