About the healing effect of Tube-Amplifiers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Cool looking amp...200KHz?

mburg > Bückeburg > Bückeburg, town Bückeburg, Germany/Porta / healing
Speak again with 200 kHz and go

02.08.2012 20: 21 Pm

October 3, 2008 has been the day for Jörg Stahlhut, which has completely changed his usual life. Suddenly he could no longer speak, his right side was paralyzed.
Mit-200-Kilohertz-wieder-sprechen-und-gehen_ArtikelQuer.jpg
Jörg Stahlhut is rock solid convinced: the 200 kHz and the thus perceivable overtones, as the amplifier itself built by him, have him helped that he can talk again and go after a stroke. Now, he has built a second copy for his physical therapist Elke Bernstein.

Bückeburg, Germany/Porta (rc). The doctors in the Hospital of Minden diagnosed brain hemorrhage, a stroke. Later was the forecast that he will never again speak could and probably always will sit in a wheelchair.
It's good that Jörg Stahlhut is a fighter and did not listen to his doctors. Today he can speak, although one still listens to the stroke him. Today, he can go, drives car even again. Although he his right arm and his right hand can still hard move. He was earlier left handed and at the age of six, was brought up to, will today benefit him.
He again can all the today 57-jährige trained electrical engineer comes that he has treated with overtones itself, is convinced that was until his stroke in the field for the glass industry.
Released from rehab, the ambition is to him. He wants to know how his brain works, can control despite the disability itself. By chance, he encounters the book of the sound researcher Jonathan Goldmann, an American. This is describes how he successfully treated patients with harmonic music. Overtones occur when speaking or playing musical instruments. Because they resonate with very high frequencies, they are not audible. "But perceptible", says Jörg Stahlhut in conversation with our newspaper. The sound waves can people positively allegedly by the response, he read. And: ill cells could regenerate. Stahlhut know immediately: "The therapy will help me." "My body responds to these overtones."
And he makes as a trained electrical engineer to work. An amplifier must be produced, which can represent up to 200 kilohertz overtones. Because the higher the frequency, the greater the opportunities for therapy, he has read. The problem: Conventional amplifiers are capped at 40 kHz. Circuit diagrams are developed, special materials picked out, he is deep in the matter. First attempts are discarded. Then the construction of the inventor is: a unique to the value of around 5000 euros. With a sandstone body, to soothe resonances and eliminate magnetic fields. This Silver for the tubes, MICA to isolate and quartz to the harmonisation. On top four old-fashioned tubes that provide a warm sound.
To get special boxes, known as speaker, which distribute the sound holografisch in the room: like a cone around - "and no direct sound", explained how the electrical engineer. This special, rich in overtones music like Gregorian chants or music with singing bowls is played with the Pro-CD-player.
Jörg Stahlhut treated themselves, listen to music every day. With iron discipline, he forces his damaged left brain right "to contact". What succeeds by his testimony. In small but discernible steps improves his situation, he can speak more and more, always better. Or how he describes it: "When I hear music and the phone rings, I can easily go and speak." Only after I realize how I verkrampfe more and more. "For me a crucial experience." He also has, if he listens to music with a Gettoblaster: "Da my leg and my arm begin to spastic twitch." Whether it is a case by case basis, do not know Stahlhut: "This therapy helps me anyway."
That this therapy can help others, is it at least but convinced his therapist Elke Bernstein operates its practice in Bückeburg, Germany. She of the House's a second specimen of his amplifier build Jörg Stahlhut, inserts now into their practice to the sound therapy there. As she explained, it comes by the sound of overtone music to an increased secretion of the hormone dopamine in the body. This hormone promotes the urge to exercise, "the urge to do something". It's an ideal support in stroke treatment. Old, lost movement patterns such as walking, gripping or holding could be shaken again awake, patients easier stimulates. Also treatments for tinnitus, ADHD or too much stress are conceivable: "A whole new track."
Jörg Stahlhut will not join in any case in the series production of the booster, although are still two more under construction. "Can't I also, because the one-hand soldering and Puttering difficult me and take a long time."
Further information: Elke Bernstein invites on Thursday 9 August, 17: 00 to an information day. Bookings by phone (05722) 906147 are absolutely necessary.

Last edited:
Difficult to start, so much audiophile ******** in one place. And my god, it's practically my neighbour, less than 40km away o_O

Things to laugh about as hard as possible without falling off the chair:

* sandstone for the magnetic shielding, yeah :)

* quartz for the harmonization, whatever that is

* music from CD containing significant amounts of 200kHz harmonics

Common sense gets more and more rare in my country, I am afraid...

Andreas

According to the Nyquist-Shannon sampling theorem, a sampling frequency higher than 2*f_max is needed to correctly sample and reproduce a signal with the bandwidth f_max.

So even 196kHz sampling frequency is only good for a bandwidth slightly below 100kHz.

Greetings,
Andreas

Off topic:

Question to the mods, why does the forum replace a well-known, very useful word describing audiophile nonsense (starting with bull and ending with a four letter word that gets also replaced) by a series of *?

:)

I think a clear language can be favourable sometimes - without this silly censoring stuff :scratch:

So even 196kHz sampling frequency is only good for a bandwidth slightly below 100kHz.
Thanks, yes, trivial and obvious to those of us who have been doing this for decades. Interacting with reporters for decades however, I can assure you they almost to a person would think Nyquist-Shannon is a foreign television celebrity.

My point was about journalists, not sampling theory.

If it looks like something a horse might have dropped in the middle of the road, if it smells like something a horse might have dropped in the middle of the road, if it has the same effect on your roses as something a horse might have dropped in the middle of the road, then, I'm sorry but, it IS something a horse has dropped in the middle of the road. Or was it a Bull? :drink:

I did check my calendar and it definitely is not April.

Well, the guy got better - if he wants to attribute it to his amp, whatever. The packaging is different, at least. I get sort of tired of seeing the same old box with tubes and XFMRs poking out the top. I have some marble sheets down in the basement that would make a lovely case if I ever get fond enough of one of my creations to enshrine it in such a manner. Read William Gibson's "Idoru" for more inspiration - one of the protagonists lugs around a laptop customized by a funky firm knbown as "Sandbenders".

200 or not 200 KHz does not matter. What matters, he found the way to convince his body to heal the damage. In Ancient Egypt they (supposedly) did not have vacuum tubes; however sandstones they had.
But what they did for programming their bodies, they discussed with Priest/Scientist/Healer/Astronomer, what they want. He (or she, men and women had equal rights) wrote on a peace of paper what was requested, put it in a bowl with special water. Then the person who wanted that change had to eat the paper and drink the water. However, paper and water can't convince modern citizen of Western Civilization, but Kilohertz, Magnet Fields, Vacuum Tubes, can. It was costly procedure then, may be equivalent of 5,000 Euro to build an amp, so decision had to be serious, and seriously taken. And it helped to do miracles!
No matter what he used for his amp. But if he did that with LOVE please stop laughing!

Last edited:
Wavebourn,

I did not want to laugh at that guy, sorry if my post sounded like that. Surviving a stroke and recovering from it is surely hard stuff - not many people succeed in that - and I really wish him all the best.

But I must admit that I am somewhat allergic when people start explaining the successful recovery with esoteric stuff like quartz harmonization and 200kHz harmonics from a CD and omnidirectional speakers. Working hard on himself and on the amp made him get back some control over his body that had been lost due to the damage occurred in the stroke. And probably his belief that it would help.

Certainly *not* the harmonic crystals or the 200kHz his source wasn't even able to reproduce. I think that has to be said clearly in such a case.

Greetings,
Andreas

Many years ago I constructed an electromagnetotherapy device for osteoarthritis of my mom.
Its use has delayed several years her surgical procedure.
Although it is embarrassing to say, I cured my hemorrhoids!
It also relieves almost every type of pain.

It is assumed that some frequencies restore the potential difference between the core and membrane of cells.

Difficult to start, so much audiophile ******** in one place. And my god, it's practically my neighbour, less than 40km away o_O

Things to laugh about as hard as possible without falling off the chair:

* sandstone for the magnetic shielding, yeah :)

* quartz for the harmonization, whatever that is

* music from CD containing significant amounts of 200kHz harmonics

Common sense gets more and more rare in my country, I am afraid...

Andreas

I was educated with "DER STRUWWELPETER", I also have relatives and friends in Germany.
Older generations tend to think that Germans don't lie.
In most cases this is true, but there are exceptions.

A German friend of mine in Argentina made airplanes with his father.
He now works in Germany at BMW, one day he was finishing a model, a supervisor asked
- Very good work! What is it?
My friend kidding answered
- Shhh, it's a piece for Mercedes Benz...
He gave a lot of work to explain it was a joke, almost loses his job!

There is an odd, big blue, boulder in one of the small nearby rivers that our local group kayaks on regularly. Since it had been bugging some of the members as to what it was, I came up with a little fun one day. I jokingly made a point of touching it and said "My knee! It's cured!" and I was able to stand up in the kayak on the water. Since nothing was wrong with my knee in the first place, it was a pretty convincing "cure". The younger kayakers just laughed along with me. But now I notice some of the older kayakers make sure to touch it every time we go by it. Hey, you never know. Someday someone will probably claim they got better from something else as well.

Then the hoards will come to our little river and we will have to find another place to kayak! The placebo effect is powerful, if you believe potent magic stuff is going to help you, your brain will at least stop getting in the way with failure mode thinking. No magic cures for objective scientists though.

Last edited:
Then the hoards will come to our river and we will have to find another place to kayak! The placebo effect is powerful, if you believe potent magic stuff is going to help you, your brain will at least stop getting in the way with failure mode thinking. No magic cures for objective scientists though.

Clinical studies demonstrate that even absolutely stubborn scientifically believers got certain percent of cures from placebo effect. For example in clinical trials some patients are getting real medications, some are getting placebo. In placebo groups there are also improvements. And results of medicine are compared not with average level of control group that does not get any medications, but with level of placebo effect, that is higher than average level. And it does not depend on level of education, cultural background of patients, and so on. The point is, when patients expect cure, they more probably are getting it. Placebo effect is now considered by integrative medicine doctors as the main force in healing, while other means just help fight the decease. Immune system, endocrine system, autonomic nervous system, central nervous system, and consciousness of each organ, cell, subsystem, are considered as one system with multiple subsystems. And placebo effect is exactly an effect of such oneness.

Clinical studies demonstrate that even absolutely stubborn scientifically believers got certain percent of cures from placebo effect. ... And placebo effect is exactly an effect of such oneness.

All true Wave, but this is not what he amp builder is saying. He seems convinced (like a lot of believers in any "alternative modality") that it is because of some unseeable and esoteric effect.

He is therefore at best confused, at worst a charlatan.

All true Wave, but this is not what he amp builder is saying. He seems convinced (like a lot of believers in any "alternative modality") that it is because of some unseeable and esoteric effect.

He is therefore at best confused, at worst a charlatan.

Herr Stahlhut has at least three causes for improvement
1.- Electromagnetic fields.
2.- Placebo effect.
3.- Building an amplifier, esoteric or not, requires thinking, and that helps to restore the brain's synapses.

It may be that someone builds amplifiers without thinking, but do not think that this is the case.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.