About the healing effect of Tube-Amplifiers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Next bestseller on E-pay wil be DIY 200khz crystal healing amps.

Wonder if the Chinese $299 version will have the same healing effect ??

Or bandwith LOL.

It doesn´t matter what you do when ill,as long as you do something the mind it self is a powerfull healer and if you got your focus set on something you can do miracles.

One of the problems is modern medicine telling people they´re out of hope and then they give up and stop fighting the descease.

I disagree. .

I agree with you. Posters here really believe an electrical engineer doesn't understand the response limits of CD? Or thinks they could ‘get away’ with claiming 200 kHz? A better example of placebo effect is the degree to which a garbled technical ‘lifestyle’ report in a small local newspaper is interpreted in the most cynical way so as to maximize feeling good about oneself. Beats draining real resources from the medical system.

Posters here really believe an electrical engineer doesn't understand the response limits of CD?

If the same electrical engineer claims a linear amplifying device needs quartz crystals on top for the 'harmonization', I would question his basic scientific knowledge, yes.

Here in Germany, if you go to 'spa towns' (anyone have a better word for the german 'Kurstadt'?) or other places especially older people like, you can get 'healing stones' and all kinds of little esoteric helpers and devices on almost every street corner.

It is easier to get your health insurance to pay for esoteric nonsense than for a tooth filling.

That's what pisses me off in this article. Not that someone found the strength to survive a stroke and recover from the consequences in his hobby (which is, in fact, a remarkable thing and surely worth a newspaper article). Merely the fact that the credits for the healing are given to a few lumps of quartz and non-existent 'harmonics'.

Greetings,
Andreas

Last edited:
I agree with you. Posters here really believe an electrical engineer doesn't understand the response limits of CD? Or thinks they could ‘get away’ with claiming 200 kHz? A better example of placebo effect is the degree to which a garbled technical ‘lifestyle’ report in a small local newspaper is interpreted in the most cynical way so as to maximize feeling good about oneself. Beats draining real resources from the medical system.

Yup. It's obviously the reporter who has the tech wrong. This is, unfortunately, very common for a reporter to get technical facts they are unfamiliar with wrong. There is a lot less proofreading and fact checking than you might think.

I think it's good to keep one's mind open, it makes for less judging.

Magic crystals, now why had I not thought of that. I could illuminate them with the blue LED's that were under my driver stage. Or, use tri-color, voltage controllable as "mood" crystals, the color changes to unhappy color when the rails dip. "Moodey amp" nice ring to it.

Isaac Newton compared to esoteric crystal mumbo believers - I think this is a good point for me to get out of this discussion, should have known the way it would develop and not posted a single reply at all.

Science is based on evidence - theories and experiments to confirm or not confirm these theories. Not on beliefs. Why is it so damn difficult to keep this difference in mind?

I'm out,
Andreas

Fortunate then those who think that way weren't in a position to decide Isaac Newton's fate. He had crazy beliefs too.

His beliefs were not crazy. He studied ancient philosophy getting many ideas from it, designing experiments and developing science. Don't underestimate ancient knowledge, it was wast, and if until today not fully understood that does not mean it is crazy. Every time when science discovers something new you can find that ancient people somehow knew that, though their knowledge had been passed to us metaphorically because people who passed that knowledge often did not understand what it was about.

Science is based on evidence - theories and experiments to confirm or not confirm these theories. Not on beliefs. Why is it so damn difficult to keep this difference in mind?

What scientists do:

1. Get ideas about something wrong in common beliefs.
2. Formulate hypothesis
3. Design and conduct experiments to test hypothesis
4. Create, or improve theories

During this process people fight, some defending old beliefs, some promoting new beliefs based on that hypothesis or theory.

Then new theory is part of a common, mainstream belief, until somebody Go To 1.

This isn’t about scientific process, which is well known and clear. And I would never ridicule Newton, however his non-scientific thinking is also very well-known and clear. The Wiki entry on his extraneous beliefs:

"He wrote many works that would now be classified as occult studies and religious tracts dealing with the literal interpretation of the Bible."

If consistency means anything, in the eyes of many here he should be disparaged. His achievements should be questioned not on their merits but because of his unrelated beliefs. Even with an unfortunate translation of questionable reporting, nothing in the article suggests the amp’s circuit was designed on 'crystal principles'. The distortion of evidence by those decrying an absence of evidence is stunning.

The behaviour is corrosive to forum discussions and adds absolutely zero of value outside a self-reinforcing, mutual self-support network. Unfortunately it’s rampant across numerous forums and many highly skilled people I know no longer contribute because it’s not worth the bother dealing with it. Anyone really insistent on adherence to evidence should practice it in all situations, not just as an argumentative device.

Missing the essence of it

I read the article with great interest. At about the same time, my wife had a massive stroke with similar results. She too is a fighter and has made an astonishing recovery. I participated in the daily rehab, and a great deal had to do with relearning how to process sound.

What that gent has accomplished would take iron will, grit strength and would involve more pain that most of the people reading this could ever fathom. its a sad day when all the posters can see is a few comments on the description of the technology the author likely misunderstood.

I think Wavebourn understood the message. Looks good on you sir!

The New Age fol-de-rol is a waste of time - let's get back to the circuits, or their packaging. Looking at the amp, I suspect that not a lot is unique about it except for its packaging. If the tubes poking out the top are indeed its entire complement, I suspect it's your usual pentode input w/triode phase splitter and KT88 output or similar. As for packaging, what would it take to build a sandstone case like the one pictured? Does anyone know a friendly stonecutter? Is it really sandstone, or some cast material that resembles it?
On another note, your basic base w/top plate amp could look really sexy if the base was made of granite, with a stainless top plate. Even the most basic of amp setups could be dressed up considerably with use of unusual materials. Corian mormes to mind...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.