England and Olympic Weather

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
...whats the matter with the Isle of Mann bike track..

My God man, I hope you are not suggesting that they allow those lycra-lemmings on to THE island. Sacrilege! Can you even imagine a TT with cycle lanes and speed limits? Life would just be a hollow mockery...

Mark Cavendish, current road race world champion, winner of 4 TdF stages and recognized as the fastest sprinter by far, is known as the Manx Missile since he was born and bred on the Isle of Man.
Chances are he is not moving away from there either as it is a tax haven.

That's 23 Le Tour stages and first Englishman to take the green jersey.
3 times round the mountain course would make for a decent race, I suspect Box Hill was put in the race to kill Cav's legs off.

I was referring to this years TdF, may be I should have made that clearer.

Given that Mark is manx not english he may have been the first manx man or the first british man but not english.
Even wiki lists him as a Manx cyclist rather than an english one.

I will now qoute Boris Johnson:
"We have had seven years to prepare for this party, Let us enjoy it."
Is he on about the opening or the biggest binge quaffing ever?
Now U. Bolt: "I'm only 95% fit."
Does this mean we're going to see him run 95m before he celibrates?
The road race is 250k's, Cav's really up against it.

Theres certain aspects that really get me going, like Mc. D's being one of the official sponsors.

Someone out there has a great sense of irony.

The food at my local Mc D's is basically crap. They can say what they like about the cuts of meat they use and all the rest of it - some things never change. Their prices are climbing, too.

Look at me - 18 years old and already grumpy. :rolleyes:

Chris

Lard sarnies on blue band white bread are cheaper than Mc.D's and you know there isn't 11% salt, msg, emulsifiers etc by weight. One of my friends blagged me into eating an Angus burger once.......having live in Scotland and eaten Real Aberdeen Angus Steak, I was shocked to find that the Mc. fake burger tasted of 'meat and msg'.
So much so my body rejected it and deposited it all over the cab of his Transit van.
Good to see you're getting your grump on early on in life chris661, it must be something in the northern water (I'm Yorkshire born)

As for 'Cuts of meat' - there are no cuts in the traditional manner, everything they sell is scraped from the bones, smashed up in a machine that looks like its for making paper pulp then 'carded', formed into strips the molded into shapes.
Unless its chicken legs........ they come from battery hens after they've produced the required number of eggs, then their fed 'bulking agents', culled and then injected with water.
Coke is another interesting one - did you know it takes 3 1/2 liters of water to make 1liter?

What annoyed me was the idea that only McD can supply 'chips' in the place, apart from a special concession for people selling fish'n'chips. Now maybe things have changed, as its a few years since I have eaten in a McD, but I wasn't aware that they do chips. They do have skinny little fries which may be made from potato, but McD do not have anything which a Brit would recognise as a chip.

Come to London, and eat foreign junk food and drink foreign fizzy(?) beer at inflated prices. Oh, and you can only pay for them with one flavour of credit card when many locals have the other flavour in their wallet.

My only consolation is that marketing experts seem to agree that this is all a massive own goal by the sponsors, who have paid millions of pounds to be ridiculed by the host nation.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.