England and Olympic Weather

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The whole lead up to the Olympics has been a farce so far

1. G4S can't supply the security staff but didn't bother telling anyone until 2 weeks before the Olympics start (alledgedly - or at least that's what the government and LOCOG say)
2. half of the security staff they do have haven't yet been told where to turn up for duty or when (alledgedly)
3. the weather is crap or will be after next week's 2 days of summer ends
4. immigration control at the airports are going on strike the day before the Olympics start just so visitors to the UK feel really welcome and get to see the inside of our airports that bit longer
5. public transport drivers are doing the same
6. bus drivers taking athletes from heathrow airport to the athletes' village get lost because no one told them the route (they had satnav but no one had programmed the route in - LMFAO!). You couldn't make that up could you??
6. the olympic traffic lanes are causing chaos in London
etc., etc
7. did I mention that the weather is crap?

I mean, they've only had 7 years to plan this!!

Can't wait for the opening ceremony - from what I hear it's bizarre. If it includes any of the following I'll puke: Dick van Dyke and chimney sweeps, pearly kings and queens, morris dancers, quaint english villages, duck ponds, men in bowler hats carrying umbrellas, red double decker London buses

Things can only get better????? I doubt it.

Last edited:

1. G4S can't supply the security but didn't bother telling anyone until 2 weeks before the Olympics start (or at least that's what LOCOG says)
2. half of the security staff they do have don't know where to turn up for duty or when
3. the weather is crap
4. immigration control at the airports are going on strike the day before the Olympics start
6. bus drivers taking athletes from heathrow airport to the athletes' village get lost because no one told them the route (they had satnav but no one had programmed the route in - LMFAO!). You couldn't maker that up could you??
etc etc

Can't wait for the opening ceremony - from what I hear it's bizarre

things can only get better????? I doubt it.

For Olympics - read ****. 284M paid to G4S to supply security staff. If you saw the boss being grilled about his laughable performance you would have cringed. The guy was either a very good actor or a total knob. Mind you a very wealthy knob. See the "gone into liquidation" headlines soon.

You are not allowed to take "excessive" food into the Olympic Park. The Guardian says that excessive would be a hamper of food for a family.

How much will a bottle of water be? I suppose it's like not being able to take fluids onto and aeroplane. Win Win Win......

I wouldn't attend any events even if they were freeeee!:eek:

Disabled Account
Joined 2010

1. G4S can't supply the security staff but didn't bother telling anyone until 2 weeks before the Olympics start (alledgedly - or at least that's what the government and LOCOG say)
2. half of the security staff they do have haven't yet been told where to turn up for duty or when (alledgedly)
3. the weather is crap or will be after next week's 2 days of summer ends
4. immigration control at the airports are going on strike the day before the Olympics start just so visitors to the UK feel really welcome and get to see the inside of our airports that bit longer
6. bus drivers taking athletes from heathrow airport to the athletes' village get lost because no one told them the route (they had satnav but no one had programmed the route in - LMFAO!). You couldn't make that up could you??
etc., etc
7. did I mention that the weather is crap?

Can't wait for the opening ceremony - from what I hear it's bizarre. If it includes any of the following I'll puke: Dick van Dyke and chimney sweeps, pearly kings and queens, morris dancers, quaint english villages, duck ponds, men in bowler hats carrying umbrellas, red double decker London buses

Things can only get better????? I doubt it.

You forgot the military air traffic control...:D
Amphibious fireworks will be required..

Regards
M. Gregg

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
Well,

I’m just sitting here eating Strawberry’s and ice cream.. :D
Thinking why is it so piggin hot ..
The sky is blue the sun is out and it’s a BIT HOT…
I say its quite warm... :warped:
I think I will have to eat another bowl the strawberries will go off in the heat..well that's my excuse...

Regards
M. Gregg

Last edited:
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
We've had record breaking temperatures all year, last week it was both extremely hot and humid.. (Reached or exceeded 100 degrees F two days in a row) No AC at home. Today it is positively Florida like, close to 100% humidity and hot.. No strawberries and ice cream sadly, but sounds good.

I'll probably miss the whole thing, I know my wife will at least watch the gymnastics and perhaps some swimming.. :D

We've had record breaking temperatures all year, last week it was both extremely hot and humid.. (Reached or exceeded 100 degrees F two days in a row) No AC at home. Today it is positively Florida like, close to 100% humidity and hot.. No strawberries and ice cream sadly, but sounds good.

I'll probably miss the whole thing, I know my wife will at least watch the gymnastics and perhaps some swimming.. :D

I finally picked the right time to go to CA, 65 and breezy every day here in the east bay.

Disabled Account
Joined 2004
Spain will be the laughing stock of the Games thanks to our 'Olympic' uniform. Our 'athletes' are gonna look like junkies; "instead of going for the gold, we're going there to steal the copper" is the joke of the month over here. Designed in Russia. Enough said.

1342278368_754558_1342278506_noticia_normal.jpg

uniformes_espana_londres_n_2-365xXx80.jpg

I personally want to see the worst weather that dear old blighty can muster for the games - and the games them selves be held in THE traditional attire...........
thats NAKED
.....to some other posters: Dont forget the worlds fastest road racing sprinter comes from the IOM and THAT track is just another A road.
Dont fret about missing anything, murdoch (dont care if i spell his name wrong, he needs beating with the but of a gun, deporting and stripped of his financial assets) dont hold the monopoly on tv rights, the BBC are going to have 30 extra channels.......
My lovely girl friend is a copper, she recons the best thing to happen to the security of the games is that G4S (see above for the appropriate punishment for G4S head guy) f##ked up, as the Army are trained to do this sort of thing AND it gets our guys and gals away from a 'war' that should be left to its own devices
To the Spanish amongst us: At least you uniforms are in the colours of your country - WE are going to be in GREEN!!!!
Where the heel is GREEN in English flags?
And dont say the Irish flag, they buy in euro's, therefore they can do what they want.
I'm all for the games, but trust us to screw it up.......
(sits back and waits for the doping scandals)
*rant over*

Spain will be the laughing stock of the Games thanks to our 'Olympic' uniform. Our 'athletes' are gonna look like junkies; "instead of going for the gold, we're going there to steal the copper" is the joke of the month over here. Designed in Russia. Enough said.

Are your uniforms made in China too? You would think with the manufacturing ability in the US we could at least make the uniforms here.

artical 1

artical 2

:whazzat:

The US uniforms look like they were designed by Timothy Geithner.

Spain doesn't look too bad, and I will let Scott opine, but the Russian uniform looks like a Polka band from Parma OH, or Milwaukee, and the French one will have the Kebeckers wondering if they'e sui generis:

Attachments

• Uniform_France.jpg
    Uniform_France.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 74
  • Uniform_Russ.jpg
    Uniform_Russ.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 75
  • Uniform_UK.jpg
    Uniform_UK.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 74
Sorry,
grumpy old man moment (i'm 41 this year.........avoid me totaly when i get to 60).
I'm behind my countries team.
I'm behind ALL participants.
Theres certain aspects that really get me going, like Mc. D's being one of the official sponsors.
Still think the competitors should compete nekkid though

I think that the Brazilian uniforms are quite modest compared to those of the UK.

I think that the World Health Organization should force all the world's leaders should be required to wear their country's uniforms to the opening ceremonies. It would be a boon to suppliers of treadmills and rowing machines for the 6 months leading up to the Olympics. Fortuitously, both US Presidential candidates would give a good accounting of themselves, although the berets are eery. [edit] we would make a certain Russian leader keep his shirt on!.

diyAudio Member
Joined 2007
Bloody Aussie uniforms come from China, we don't make anything here anymore.
Personally I am so disillusioned with professional sports that I hope it rains every day and the Thames floods to a record high and all the so-called sports people get food poisoning at the worlds biggest Yellow Arches eating big macs with double grease and rats eat holes in their life boats.
Total waste of time and my tax money

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.