England and Olympic Weather

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2010
So, how many non-Brits had a clue what was going on in the opening ceremony then? :D

Its obvious isn't it..

Its the long version of how life evolved in the UK and how we ended up in the C**p....

The answer to the question...(Well...where has all the ****** money gone?)

:D:D:D:D...Well its obvious the pile of money is so dense that the gravitational pull has turned it into a black hole and now the whole Earth is in danger of vanishing up it's own economic rear end<<<:warped:

We might get a bulls eye though in the archery...

Regards
M. Gregg

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2010
I quite liked the forging of the rings..

Probably the best bit..

London Olympics opening ceremony highlights - video | Sport | guardian.co.uk

What happened at the Archery and the Judo?:eek::eek::eek:

Only got to get a pointy stick into a target... Robin hood could do it..and split an arrow..anyone would think it was just a story.. :D

:sad::sad::sad:....Huh.

Boxing up next ..south paw Vs the mitten... :D

Yessssssssssssssssssssss GBR........OGOGO.......Through...next round..

Ireland..Oneil... eek....a win is on the cards.... er mybe... Nawww..yesssss... :D duck....right cross...

Regards
M. Gregg

Last edited:
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I was quite a show, I watched it twice, once live on the BBC, then delayed on NBC. It had more of a musical theater feel than most OC's. Guess that's a Danny Boyle thing. Nice to see Mr. Bean and Mr. Bond.

The giant LED wall that was the audience "pixels" I knew was going to happen, it's been a buzz for awhile. It worked very well. The scale of it was just insane. Knowing how complex and expensive that LED wall stuff is, it boggles the mind to think of that install. Oh, and how did they get those smokestacks in and out of the floor? :D

Over the last weeks we saw the pastoral scene and feared a "green and pleasant land" theme. The industrial revolution was a big relief. Showing that, rather than other aspects of empire, made a very good point. The cauldron's real art I think.

The NHS thing was overdone, and the choice of music was the same as we get at royal events, except thankfully without Status Quo.

Women's football is good.

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
Last edited:
Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Knowing how complex and expensive that LED wall stuff is, it boggles the mind to think of that install.

Wiremen on site for forty days, not sure about the install crew.

Oh, and how did they get those smokestacks in and out of the floor? :D

Rumour is a combination of inflatables and motion control from overhead motors. I'm sure it'll be in all the trade comics next month. ;)

I actually started to watch it just to see the technical aspects, but I was actually blown away by the theatricality. Very well done.

I'd like to get hold of the GB RR team and give them a good slapping. Cav wimpering about 'negative tactics'......
Simple solution to that, one sits up and do f~~~ all work.
Lets hope the Ladies race goes better, lots of punctures and crashing going on atm, no fallers from our interests vinylkid

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.