Wonderful short quotes on Life.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It's the moons gravitational pull on the earths dense core moving it around causing friction and so to heat up and melt or stay molten!

Don't think so....entire planet was originally molten after initial accretion due to kinetic energy of infalling bodies & has been cooling since. During the early stages of cooling the heavier elements tended to sink toward the center adding significant thermal energy as the potential energy was converted to heat by the friction of their passage to the core. The cooling is also offset by ongoing heat generation due to radioactive decay. Eventually earth will cool and solidify to a uniform low temperature. Tidal effects of moon's gravity are far too feeble to maintain the core temperature or add much energy to the mix.

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
You learn more and more about less and less. eventually you reach a point when you know everything about nothing. thats when you are called an expert.

I realy like that one...:D

I was told the other day after explaining how to find a fault on an old tube amp

You seem to be an expert on old technology...:D

I guess Your post is very apt..:D

Regards
M. Gregg

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
Yes,

But its turtles all the way down..

If you don't cast pearls before swine..what lights up the darkness?

Here is a moment of clarity from John Wayne..LOL

“Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.”

Regards
M. Gregg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.