You know you're an audio nut when...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Close enough to the speed of sound at 343.2 meters per second.. :D

Normally I think of this as about 1 mile in five seconds and is what I use to tell me to get indoors in a thunderstorm.. :p

Once in a while I think about this in terms of 1126ft/sec when working with speakers. Funny I use SI units most of the time for technical stuff, except for speaker cabinet design..

Good to be an audio nut imo.. :D

diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2008
Paid Member
:D

I find that working with something in dual measures is good brain calisthenics. We were firmly in imperial measures until the mid 70's where we went metric, just before colour TV here, the year after Canada got theirs IIRC.

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2010
You know your an audio nut when..

Everything you buy or make sounds rubbish...and the problem is that everyone else seems to have a better system..:D

Or the latest picture in a magazine proves it must sound better than what you already own..:hypno2:

Regards
M. Gregg

When you find that your 'own store' has tons of chips and parts and dozens of drivers that you bought long ago to build that super system but as you got around to doing it the 'better' driver or part came along and you bought it and so on....... Now there is a room full ( or more !) of expensive parts that you probably will not get around to using because that 'better' part came along and somewhere you did get around to using some of it !!
And of course everyone around thinks you are a nut.......:D except when they want something fixed or made or want purchase advice ! :rolleyes:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.