UFOs, Black Projects, Shadow Goverments ETC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ancient people were good astronomers, so they calculated time according to planetary conditions. Solstices, equinoxes marked ordinary years. Longer periods were marked by constellations. They knew about precession of Earth axis, and 2012 marked the end of long cycle about 26 thousand years. "End of world" does not mean end of life, like end of year dos not mean it.

Agree.
They also knew the precession of Moon axis.

Let me tell an anecdote
In a distant place, long ago, I was given homework: "Precession of the Equinoxes" that involves the movement of the earth and moon.
Sounds good, but measured bad.
I don't remember if to being original, or just ignorance, chose as "high-end tool" the multipole expansion in spherical harmonics.:yikes:
It took me fifteen days to make the calculations, and at that time I did not think so slowly ! ;)
Since then is difficult to me understand how did the ancient civilizations for such a feat.
Maybe that explains the alien theories.:rolleyes:
Even worse there are those who mix this
The Mayan Calendar | Calendars
With this
Axial precession - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Somehow they made a tricky match....:rolleyes:
The numbers can always be arranged, I can show that the height of Cheops's pyramid, fits M times in any astronomical distance.
M is a magic number and I am a new prophet.:cool:
Let me clarify what I meant of the Mayans, is that the end of their calendar does not mean the end of the world.:)

Пока!:D

WRT acient astronimy, the realitivily recent discoveries of sites such as Gobekli Tepe and others, it seems civilization did not originate in the fertile crecent. It seems there was a lot going on long before then. I suspect we will find more about man's so called advancments that went on wayyyyy back, before the great flood ending the last ice age. I suspect these ancient societies were more advanced than we give credit. Of course there are stories that seem to indicate this in some of the most renowed books that have survived over the milinea, even if a bit cryptic in their wordings. It may not all be just made up rubbish.:scratch2:

The skull found in Mexico seems very odd in that the features do not seem to jive with modern or archaic species of human. Multiple teeth buds, no frontal sinus cavities, depth of and placement of the optic nerve opening in the back of the eye sockets? These features are hard to explain as a simple genitic anomaly or mutation, givin the perfect symmetry of the skull. Very talented skull shaping techniques like the cone heads? Perhaps, but that doesn't explain all the anomalies with this particular specimen.

Last edited:
With the realitivily recent discoveries of sites such as Gobekli Tepe and others, it seems civilization did not originate in the fertile crecent. It seems there was a lot going on long before then. I suspect we will find more about man's so called advancments that went on wayyyyy back, before the great flood ending the last ice age. I suspect these ancient societies were more advanced than we give credit. Of course there are stories that seem to indicate this in some of the most renowed books that have survived over the milinea, even if a bit cryptic in their wordings.:scratch2:

Platon mentioned Atlantis. If other his writings are well respected, why his mentioning of Atlantis is considered as a myth? Because it was politically correct to think that civilization started by Greeks and advanced by Romans. While it is known that Greek philosophers got their knowledge in Egypt. Egyptians who taught Greeks also mentioned that they got their knowledge from Gods, who were first Egypt rulers. Who were that Gods, why they were considered to be Gods, and where did they get such knowledge? No doubt, from previous highly developed civilization.

I was going to mention the famous 'vimanas' mentioned in Indian mythology. these are 3 to 5000 years old or even older. They described flying machines meant for specific distances like city to city or 'overseas'.
Have a look at this web site:
Ancient Aircraft - Crystalinks
Interesting.

Note that it is rumoured ( not sure if it's a proven fact ) that the Germans took away many texts written in sanskrit which were 'manuals' on how to fly different types of Vimanas ! Even more interesting !

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
I was going to mention the famous 'vimanas' mentioned in Indian mythology. these are 3 to 5000 years old or even older. They described flying machines meant for specific distances like city to city or 'overseas'.
Have a look at this web site:
Ancient Aircraft - Crystalinks
Interesting.

!

I guess this plaster of paris has been carbon dated..:D

I guess it was realy hard to get it to date way back to 1983?

Oh look we are not alone..no we have my mate next door who mixed the plaster.. :D

Regards
M. Gregg

Last edited:
Platon mentioned Atlantis. If other his writings are well respected, why his mentioning of Atlantis is considered as a myth? Because it was politically correct to think that civilization started by Greeks and advanced by Romans. While it is known that Greek philosophers got their knowledge in Egypt. Egyptians who taught Greeks also mentioned that they got their knowledge from Gods, who were first Egypt rulers. Who were that Gods, why they were considered to be Gods, and where did they get such knowledge? No doubt, from previous highly developed civilization.

Homero mentioned Troy, and all considered it a myth, but Schliemann.

Platon was a very intelligent man, also was not blind.

If Schliemann believed to Homero, Why not believe to Platon?

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
I have a question,

Its meant to be serious and not meant to be sarcastic..:)

Why would people think, that people did not have an imagination or a sense of humour in the past?

Because its an old drawing its got to be deadly serious?..
people would not imagine anything?
or have a laugh saying to their friend wait till people open this time capsule lets get them guessing...

The old brilliant mathematicians would never set things in jest or known unsolvable problems?

Or people write things deliberatley meant to cause panic or problems in the future? (cast spells)<<written incitation

Regards
M. Gregg

I have always suspected you Bourn, not from around here are you ......:)
Why after thousands of years in the dark has most of our development taken place in the last 150 yrs ...

Just saying .... :cool:

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
I have always suspected you Bourn, not from around here are you ......:)
Why after thousands of years in the dark has most of our development taken place in the last 150 yrs ...

Just saying .... :cool:

LOL,

You have to admit it is strange that on earth the humans are way above all other species..there is no middle ground, like a species that is half way between us and the next level...no other species along side us like bird or reptile that can talk..its like we have been dropped from the sky onto a different planet..and put in fast forward while all else crawls along..:confused:

Regards
M. Gregg

I agree, but the end of the world can be tomorrow, due to gamma radiation from a supernova...:cool:

[/B]

No, this isn't true, from what I've learnt there are no longer any stars close enough to the Earth and of the appropriate mass, to cause a gamma ray burst that could extinguish life as we know it.

If we perhaps think about the age of the universe 13.7 billion years, then the age of our solar system, 4.6 billion years, it is clear that it takes a very long time for intelligent life to evolve, if at all. Then that we have only been capable of understanding what it means to try and communicate with aliens and perhaps try ourselves for little more then 100 years. Granted if the extinction events hadn't occurred, maybe we'd have got there a bit faster, but maybe those extinction events were necessary for us to evolve in the first place.

Now a lot of those billions of years before the solar system came into existence was spent making the heavier elements, that are required for our way of life, inside the stars of the earlier universe. Clearly it takes a certain amount of time for the universe to evolve to the point where it is capable of producing planets that can support intelligent life.

A few thousand years to us and our technological advancement is a long time, but its the blink of en eye compared to the natural evolution of the universe itself. If another intelligent race had evolved out there then it is reasonable to assume that they would have reached at least the same technological point as our selves simply because the amount of time that that takes is extremely short once the intelligent life form has evolved. And if they had reached that point, it is reasonable to assume that they are going to be technologically more advanced the us.

Maybe we are the first, maybe we're not, but do remember that whenever we are looking at deep space we are viewing it as it was hundreds to billions of years ago. If the earth was 500 light years away and we were on it and sent out a message to another earth like planet it would take 500 years for our message to get there and then, providing the civilisation who received it could respond, it would take another 500 years for the message to get back, who knows what life here will be like in 1000 years time? But even if another intelligent race were out there, we haven't really been technologically capable, for long enough, to alert them to our presence, and without knowing that we are here, why would they even want to visit us? I am sure there are far more interesting things out there for them to visit.

Imagine how strange it would be..

I guess everyone has listened to a parrot copy words and phrases..
Two parrots in a cage talking to each other with intelligent conversation..

Regards
M. Gregg

A friend had a grey. It said "Bird wants a cracker" He gave it a piece of fruit. The bird said "No, a cracker". I can imagine the look on my friends face. This was the same bird that would call their dog into the room in his voice to watch it look around. I did not see this myself, but I have no reason to doubt it.

Even my dogs are upset when they are trying to tell me something and I don't understand. We are the ones who arn't that bright.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
If we perhaps think about the age of the universe 13.7 billion years, then the age of our solar system, 4.6 billion years, it is clear that it takes a very long time for intelligent life to evolve, if at all.
One thing I've learned on this forum over the years is that 5th Element will always state my argument better, more concisely and sooner than I ever could. :D He must be my smarter brother from another universe.

Compared to the size of the universe, our solar system is insanely minuscule. But compared to the age of the universe, it's pretty old. How long does it take for planets and intelligent life to evolve? Are we on the leading edge? Of course given a million years here or there, it could make a big difference in how far along life is. Even so, we're fairly old in terms of the age of the present universe. Maybe we are the ancient ones.

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
In my back garden today..

I saw a Sparrowhawk catch and kill a small bird then rip it apart and eat it..
This thread came to mind...If I visited here from another planet when the human race did not exist...What might I do?

I could watch and see what happened..
I could make myself a pet and then drop it on the planet and watch what happened..

I could just leave...and do nothing..

In all these years...
centauries of time...
Nothing else comes close to us..it doesn't seem right...
Would another life form..look at the apes and take pity that we were forever stuck at this point of evolution..Would they see it as important that intelligent life was so rare that they must intervene?

Does intelligent life naturally evolve or does it need intervention?
Would we make more intelligent life if we could? Or intervene?
If we were the product of such an experiment..would we be evolved now?
The question would not be ours to answer..because if we are not going to be advanced enough to be able to leave this planet before it dies... then no we are not evolved far enough yet so the experiment continues..

Then again its not relevant is it...:D

Regards
M. Gregg

Last edited:
Maybe we are the ancient ones.

We are the little green/grey men!

I rather like that view point.

But even from our viewpoint, if we ever develop interstellar travel what would we do with it? Apart from use it to learn more about the universe, we'd probably use it to gather raw materials from asteroids/other celestial bodies and look for other habitable planets should we need to relocate the human race. Even statistically there is a lot of universe out there without any intelligent life present and it'd be far easier to mine/relocate where there isn't any opposition.

Here is another one..

A parrot can copy speech..a chimp can't..:confused:
Yes we know its about vocal chords etc..but its still strange..

Regards
M. Gregg

A chimp is very much like us, but it has to do with the way the brain is wired. A chimp can be taught to do fairly complex tasks to solve problems and comumicate, but when it comes to figuring out how to solve complex problem on their own, there is a breakdown. Humans, although very much like chimps, have accelerated in this way of thinking. This is one fundamental differnce between us and them.

Perhaps since there has been somewhat similar drawings of the idea of some sort of flying machine found from different ancient cultures around the world, the conceptual imagination of mechanical flight was passed from one culture to the other through world wide trade routes? I read somewhere that an ancient bowl was found in South America containing scripts from their culture as well as Mesopotaimian sandscript. Maybe they just imagined themselves as birds, and created drawings acordingly. Although birds don't have vertical stabilizer fins, like the golden plane found in a tomb from South America, which proportionally has been found to be aeronautically sound. There is no evidence to my knowledge ancient people had flying machines, but the idea must have been tooled with, perhaps they built models and launched them off of cliffs or hillsides for fun.:) I know I through my share of paper airplaines across many a classroom in grade school.:D

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2010
Thinking about my post 37#
Regards the conspiracy theory and the governments of the world..If the idea in post 37 was explained to the government (With proof) ie

That they were making humans evolve to survive beyond the end of the world..

Would they work with the aliens to save mankind and cover it up?

This is complete rubbish, however it would be one reason why a cover up might take place..Then again it might be... sorry its not our choice..
You will evolve and survive its not your choice.

Would we accept our great experiment terminated by the creature we created?
I still think that we are to far from any intervention..But if mankind cannot escape this world we are doomed..no matter what we might think..

Regards
M. Gregg

Status
Not open for further replies.