Tour de France 2012 and Cycle Racing in General

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
moved from here http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/full-range/208347-ladies-gentlemen-emken.html :cop:

*Rolls around the floor hooting with laughter @ Shrek*
Its good to hear that the Em's are working against the wall. My copy of the beta plan shows the alternate porting lengths, I've managed to get some heli-coils suitable for wood so I can play with the porting, though in my stud/plasterboard room I'm fair sure that I'll end up with the same length as yours.
I had a stroke of luck the other day, for the cost of the electric plus a few tinnies, I can 'rent' a space to run them in. A friend has a clean storage space in the middle of nowhere and runs a mobile disco.
Fingers Crossed for Le Tour de France: Team Sky are going to be fielding an 80% English squad - Cheer em on!
(AND their DRUG FREE!!!)

He's a hard man f'sure Chris and Garmin are a clean outfit. This years edition is going to be a goodun.
Has a Giro winner taken LeTour without a 'chemists' assistance though?
History says no....... and the temptations higher this year.

I think "squeaky clean" could be Ryder's middle name - as to the "temptation", wouldn't the soap opera that has become Lance's legacy subject all participants to microscopic, or should we say litmus tests, and provide adequate warning?

One would certainly hope so Chris, Ryder's one of the 'new school' of cyclists that are, thankfully, just as concerned with the global image of their sport as they are about their performance.
The circus act that is the Armstrong case will continue for ever and a day, half his former retired team mates have said 'we did dope, it was the only way to do it (race)'.
Personally, I think the rule should be :- if one team member is found to be chemically enhanced, the entire team should suffer, offending rider banned for 5yrs min with no contract, team dq'd from race, last 3 events points removed, team doctors should be struck off and managers 'black listed', sponsor named in world press as supporting sporting drug abuse.
Harsh, certainly, would it stop cheating - most likely.
But then, we are talking about the sport that bans shoe covers because they are considered an 'aero' advantage, when almost ALL cyclists wear them to protect their favourite shoes from wear and tare, but in the last 3yrs fails to send the dope police to the UK Tour series.
Just in case I'm called for being an armchair expert:
I come from a renowned cycling family, 2 members invited to ride LeTour before WW2, 4 members of my family ranked in the top 10 as Senior and Veteran in the BBAR. Father was a northern UK hard man who rode Tour of Ireland and the Ras, refused to ride in the Milk Race cos of the rife doping, mother was 4th non-official fastest woman before she had me, I've cycled on the road since 6yrs, tried out for Team GB Olympic youth age 15, went under the hour for 25mile TT aged 16 and was forced to ride against adults in road races/criteriums. I was also accused of taking steroids by my school because I was 'Too good at sports'.
I now ride 2 or 3 25's and 50's + my grand-fathers memorial race a year for fun.
Sorry for this very very off topic rant.
I hope every ones fave rider be safe and have a good Tour.

Hi all,
I aired my thoughts about Le Tour 2012 and 'Drug taking in cycling' in the Full Range forum, thread: Ladies & Gentlemen - The Emken.
Initially I will ask for a little patience regards posting, there are off topic posts in the mentioned thread that I will be asking a moderator to move here.

Maybe Frank Schleck will stand a chance now his brother is out of the running. It will be interesting to see if he can cope without his brothers hand to hold.
Marco 'Il Pirato' Pantani was a cheat, self confessed, banned ect.
Cav - doubtful if he will win a TDF, it would be nice to see him not only take stage wins but get the intermediates as well, his team has the depth to help him really stick it to his rivals.
Don't dismiss Cadel Evans either

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.