Having a s**t day

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I woke up this morning, Bright as a penny and thought, as the weather is good I'll do the brakes on the car.

Locking wheel nuts are as old as the car and the key is worn. No problem I thought, I'll drive into town (6 miles) and buy a new set - Problem solved.

Now, I'm moving house so all my tools are in storage, I thought I'd bought the required tools for the job - FIRST MISTAKE.

OK. Offside wheel is off and I can remove the sliding caliper. Can I remove the caliper itself, NO, need another socket.

Put car back together and drive another 6 miles into town to buy a £1.00 socket. I'd measured the size of the socket required using an adjustable spanner.

OK. Offside wheel is off and I can remove the sliding caliper. Can I remove the caliper itself, NO, the measurement that I took was slightly wrong need another socket.

Put car back together and drive another 6 miles into town to buy a £1.00 socket.

By this time I'm getting P****d off.

This time I can get caliper apart and get caliper off the wretched vehicle.

So far so good.

All goes well and the offside wheel goes back on, new pads and new disc, until I come to torque up the new locking wheel nuts. Then the locking key partially shears.

OFFS.

I labour on, thinking that I'll be changing the car shortly anyway.

At least now I've got the tools for the nearside.

An hour later I am finished, absolutely filthy, as anyone who has done this job will know well.

Put all my overalls in the washing machine and sit down for a celebratory beer.

Decide to phone Mum.

OFFS Where is my phone - In my F*****G overalls pocket.

It would have cost £35.00 to have the brakes changed. It's cost me just over £600.00.

I left a Panasonic Lumix camera on a river bank on about 27 November 2010. That night the snow came and the camera stayed there for about 2 months. I found it when the snow melted, sitting in a pool of water!! I assumed it dead and then turned it on ...lo and behold another miracle...it showed a screen and a view of what it was pointing at, so I tried a shot and that worked!! On returning home I shook it and some water came out. I left it in a warm room for 48 hours or so and then put in the hot tank cupboard. Two days later all condensation had gone, no discernible fungus in the lens and it still works as well as ever it did!

Attachments

• MF.gif
    MF.gif
    85.7 KB · Views: 148
are you sure the phone is dead ? have you tryed to dry it out with a hair dryer without battery ?

Funny enough it is coming back to life. The digitiser isn't working but the rest of it seems OK. It's just been in the tumble drier in a sock, I'll leave it overnight on the towel rail.

The battery is out and the phone is down to its bare internals. I was going to wash it out with fresh water but I guess the rinse cycle would have done that anyway.

Last edited:
Funny enough it is coming back to life. The digitiser isn't working but the rest of it seems OK. It's just been in the tumble drier in a sock, I'll leave it overnight on the towel rail.

The battery is out and the phone is down to its bare internals. I was going to wash it out with fresh water but I guess the rinse cycle would have done that anyway.

Detergent and fabric softener don't usually rinse away too good. Open it up and run it under water and then dry and then do what anon1 said.

Done that to my phones twice before (this is why I don't get expensive phones).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.