Heading for Chicago

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey, I once applied for a patent on a silane release agent using a polydimethyl siloxane polymer, an octyl phenol derivative surfactant, and a non-ionic one, combined with a synthetic ethoxylated amine compound, another silanol-terminated polydimethyl siloxane and a low-weight alcohol, but I used a pH 4.6 acid mixture.

Who knew?

But then I migrated into solid state physics, and gave up on basic chemistry.

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I love Chicago -- 2 years in grad school -- last time i was there was for a UV trade show about 4 years ago. Get a GPS so you can avoid the expressways, and a good accountant so you can manage the tax system.

I was in Chicago only once - that was when Jimmy Carter threw a party because the Iran Embassy hostages had been released. People kept on thrusting beer into my hands. I wonder if they still do that ;)

Yes I know this dates me big time. Oh well.

jan

As a few of my friends here know, I've been talking with a company up in Chicago about changing careers. At this point, everything is final and I should be hitting the Windy City sometime in the middle of next week. I'll really miss the music scene in Austin, not to mention my great friends, but I hope some of the Chicago-area audio geeks will introduce themselves, come up for a visit, and give me hints on where I should be cruising for great live music. We'll be situated up near the WI border (Grayslake), so it will be a quick train ride downtown.

I'll be the one with the cowboy hat, boots, spurs, and ten pound belt buckle.

i moved to chicago from Ft. worth. chicago is a cool city. wonderfull art , history, you will like it.
lots of jass, blues, small clubs with live music.
your going to miss home, every day. but if you get to home sick.... head west 2 hrs to my house bubba.
i got lots of shiner bock in the fridge...and every robert earl keen album ever made. well have a large time.

sa, count on it. And likewise, open invite at our place, where we do The Real Thing for pizza as well as some serious Tex-Mex and New Mexico cooking (my wife has already arranged for shipment of Hatch chiles to the new digs). I'm really delighted that I'll be able to meet a bunch of the IL/WI contingent.

Scott, perhaps coincide with Janfest in October?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.