Heading for Chicago

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
As a few of my friends here know, I've been talking with a company up in Chicago about changing careers. At this point, everything is final and I should be hitting the Windy City sometime in the middle of next week. I'll really miss the music scene in Austin, not to mention my great friends, but I hope some of the Chicago-area audio geeks will introduce themselves, come up for a visit, and give me hints on where I should be cruising for great live music. We'll be situated up near the WI border (Grayslake), so it will be a quick train ride downtown.

I'll be the one with the cowboy hat, boots, spurs, and ten pound belt buckle.

Of course I will. This will be my fourth job (and location) since joining.

Something funny I forgot to mention: After several interviews by phone, I was flown up for a series of face-to-face interviews. The president of the division picked me up at the airport, and while driving over, he said, "I googled you and found your personal website." "Uh-oh," I thought. He then added, "By the way, I'm big into tubes and vinyl."

I took that as a positive sign. :D

Of course I will. This will be my fourth job (and location) since joining.

Phew, well guys, we can keep fighting...:D

Something funny I forgot to mention: After several interviews by phone, I was flown up for a series of face-to-face interviews. The president of the division picked me up at the airport, and while driving over, he said, "I googled you and found your personal website." "Uh-oh," I thought. He then added, "By the way, I'm big into tubes and vinyl."

Did you think you're famous for a cork?:D

The greatest of luck with the change !;)

I think I remember seeing more hats in Chicago than last time I was in Huston. Come to think of it, I can't remember anyone I met in Huston who was actually from Texas. I have not been home to San Antonio for years, but I hear no one there is a native either. All from a bit further south.

I'll warn you Sy, their history in school is not quite the same as they teach in Texas. They just don't see Huston as a near god and have no idea who Richard King was. (stowaway from New York actually)

Look at the bright side, you won't have to drink Lone Star any more.

I did drink 512 and Live Oak while I was here. Terrific beer. I assume there's some great microbrews somewhere along the Chicago-Milwaukee axis.:D Grew up on Natty Boh, which was truly dreadful.

Doug, y'all come up and see us, y'heah?

What? Natty Boh is the finest thing in Baltimore. Oh, yea I guess it is. That's why I rarely go past Glen-Burnie-Hun.

The good thing about beer is it is just the recipe. Unlike wine, you don't have to have the right mouse poop on the vine under the right phase of the moon. I like simple.

It is probably long gone, but many years ago ( 1970's?) I was on business in Chicago and our local engineer took us to an Arab fast food diner called The Camels Back. The sign was three camels standing on each other. I had no idea what we ate, but it was all fantastic and dirt cheap. Eddy laughed all through dinner. ( He was Jordanian, so he knew what we were eating) If I am ever forced to go there again, I might find it just for fun.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.