Heading for Chicago

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Have a good journey!

Attachments

• xctmppKTlZM.png
    xctmppKTlZM.png
    109.2 KB · Views: 100
Welcome to Chicago. I was born and raised here but I have moved around the country a bit and I keep coming back. My GF is from Florida/Louisiana, she isn't big on the winters but she loves the city enough to stick with me ;)

You will not be hurting for food, music or fun. I suggest you try Giordano's deep dish pizza first if you want to know what true Chicago style pizza is all about. We also have a huge number of mexican restaurants with great food. Actually you can find any type of food you want in Chicago.

Music is the same way, there are all sorts of places to go hear music. If you are looking for anything specific just ask and I will point you in the right direction.

Love it. Saw our first Cubs game, hit some of the local pizza hotspots, seen a few shows downtown. We actually had a little frost on the windshield this morning!

Met one of the Chicago-area diyers last week, Doug Savitsky. Super nice guy, didn't laugh too much at the fumbling around in the lab. I hope you're all like that.

The stream of visitors since we moved here hasn't stopped- Morgan Jones was here last week, Jan Didden next week.

Busy this weekend with baseball and football (Orioles and Ravens fan). The stereo really lets me hear the Ray Lewis hits. But Jan and I will be geeking out all during the week next week, if you can get free on a "school night."

Oh good, when you said that you had visited the "Ivy" I was woried you would start bleeding cub blue!
Don't let that north side rub off on you.
Nothing good can come of it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.