Is Audioxpress worth twice the price

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
There's definitely a much more "pro audio" slant in the current incarnation. That's intentional- there really wasn't much of a market, in these days of the internet, for home construction projects.

Well, that's OK. But it's not OK not informing your readers about the intentions of the new editor-in-chief. Trying to keep the old (DIY-interested) readers and pitching the changes as pure layout changes is just BS.

The only remaining publication worth reading these days is Linear Audio; Elektor has also gone down the drain regarding audio projects - how I miss serious projects like the Titan 2000 ...

I was a subscriber to Audio Amateur since early 1980s. I was a premier subscriber to both Glass Audio and Speaker Builder. I stayed with the magazine through many changes. I even stuck it out after the sale to Elektor. At the end of 2013, I did not renewed my subscription. The new publisher does not give a discount for multiple year subscribers (which I always did to help out AA/AExpress/Glass Audio); I interpret this as a lack of commitment to the subscriber. The articles in AudioExpress under Elektor generally do not interest me. For my articles on recording, I get a free subscription to TapeOp. For tube stuff I go to TubeCAD Journal. For Class A solid State I go to PassDIY and First Watt, and now this DIYAudio forum.

SY is, of course, entitled to his opinions but IMO (which is not humble), the articles in the older, pre-Elektor articles from authors with such proven records of accomplishment such as Mr. Pass, Walter Jung, Erno Borbely, Richard Marsh and Joseph Curcio (all with very different perspectives) seem to me much more important. Most of the stuff I see here I read first in AA/AExpress/Glass Audio. I voted with my wallet, and others are free to vote by subscribing or not.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.