Anybody from Samos, Greece?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi to all,
going to Samos in Greece next week for some professional work. Planning to
carry back some items from Samos or Athens in Greece to save shipping. At the moment would like to purchase the following.

1. ALPS 20K dual Log motorised potentiometer

2. Fostex FE103En driver

3. Canon TL-H27 tele converter lens

4. Canon WD-H27 wide-angle converter lens

If anyone is from that part of the world and know where can I purchase these things then
kindly post a reply. Will be there for only about 8 days, so would like to visit the shop personally and pick the items.

Thanks in advance.
Roushon

did you have a nice trip? How was the social atmosphere there with all the crazyness going on?

Samos was peaceful, it is a green beautiful island....In Athens it is completely different...riot police everywhere...at night I could not sleep as there was huge disturbance outside with
people and police running....not sure if it that was only on that (Friday) night....in the morning around
5Am I came out to go to the airport...the taxi had to stop at some place just to allow the
police to chase a bunch of people who it seems were mugging some tourists...I saw
people living on the footpath...one sight was that a couple (in early thirties) with a 7-8 years
old child sitting on the footpath exhausted (the child was sleeping on their lap) and was asking for money...
In broad daylight one taxi driver cheated me....took 13 Euro instead of 3.5 Euro...am sure he tampered with the
meter because the same distance when I traveled back paid 3.5Euro.

Was there in Athens for a day only..I took the sightseeing tour bus and moved around a
bit....the sun was burning things...it was difficult...

Stayed in a hotel in the city center...

Last edited:
not a bad trip overall I guess. We have family there and its just pathetic what the economy has done to many people.

Cheers

As I think through my trip again, I feel it was too short a
time I was in Athens and all the wrong things happened
fast in a short span. Was in Samos for 7 days and only
1 day in Athens. Overall it was good but the things
happened in Athens was unexpected and scary at some
point. I did not mean to point out only the bad things as it
might sound from my earlier posting.
Samos was very nice and I liked the Greek food very
much, the blue sea was beautiful and clean water. The
25 minutes flight from Athens to Samos was memorable.
Travelled through Samos also and enjoyed ...

Thanks
Roushon

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.