loss of my friend frans.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all.

Just lost frans a friend I did now from childhood, he has kill himself bij hanging, reason is the lost of his wive on lungcancer 3 years back, I have support him al this time but he did not get over it, and deside to make a end of his live.

What a hard live sometimes, I hope he get in a next live a better prospective, I will mis him badly I already now.

It can not be prevented if someone want to stop living, I respect his action, there was nothing I can do, nobody can.

I have now lost 3 friends, two on lungcancer and now somebody with suicide. live means nothing as you see, we have to enjoy
what we have.

rest in peace frans.

VERY sorry to hear of this.

I friend of mine who is studying in the seminary...(to be a priest)...told me an opinion he had read about conscerning his many years of study.

He stated that 'LIFE" should not be looked upon as a smooth road, where every now and then, we have to figure out how to maneuver around "bumps" in the road. You know...that old expression.

He said that we should look at life as HAVING many bumps in the road. This should be the norm. For it is these inevitable bumps that help us to stive to overcome.

In essence, we should all find peace in some way that life IS and WONT be perfect. We SHOULD expect these bumbs, and NOT expect life to be easy.

If we look at life by thinking we should strive to keep everything "normal"...this is too hard. For life is NOT normal. Normal life is full of bumps, and we should expect this.

We should not get depressed because of these bumps...these bumps are normal...and what we should do is to work through these bumps to find peace.

This attitude changed my way of thinking about my existence...and gave me a feeling of peace knowing that the "bumps" are indeed normal and NOT the things we should dread.

...after thanking him for this insight...I asked him....why are you wasting your time to be a priest?

LOL....that was my gift to him!!!!!

Of course, I was joking.

Last edited:
VERY sorry to hear of this.

I friend of mine who is studying in the seminary...(to be a priest)...told me an opinion he had read about conscerning his many years of study.

He stated that 'LIFE" should not be looked upon as a smooth road, where every now and then, we have to figure out how to maneuver around "bumps" in the road. You know...that old expression.

He said that we should look at life as HAVING many bumps in the road. This should be the norm. For it is these inevitable bumps that help us to stive to overcome.

In essence, we should all find peace in some way that life IS and WONT be perfect. We SHOULD expect these bumbs, and NOT expect life to be easy.

If we look at life by thinking we should strive to keep everything "normal"...this is too hard. For life is NOT normal. Normal life is full of bumps, and we should expect this.

We should not get depressed because of these bumps...these bumps are normal...and what we should do is to work through these bumps to find peace.

This attitude changed my way of thinking about my existence...and gave me a feeling of peace knowing that the "bumps" are indeed normal and NOT the things we should dread.

Thank you for these wise words, it is the truth I now, I do living with that wisdom for many years now, I also believe that live never ends, it stays in memory, and possible we have more lives after this, like a cat so to speak. So I hope Frans get a better live after this.

In our place we say that the only thing you are sure about after you are born is that you will surely die one day. Your life 'path' is pre-determined for you to learn various things. When you finish , you will exit it ...die ! While you have the freedom to change the way you face each hurdle , you cannot change the major events that will take place.
This also means that if you make it to wealth and fame ...it isn't your's really...it was mean to be so. So no one can really claim to riches or fame the way they do today.
This sermon is too long to put here but the bottom line is face everything with humility and courage and the end will always be good. Don't compare yourself with others. Each one has his own task in life and it isn't for you to determine what it is and make comparisons ! Take care of your own ...it's enough.

Now some good web site are there . Good books too.
Check out Friday Afterlife Report April 20th 2012 and their older pages in the 'archives' section. You should find it very interesting.

We also have a saying " Everything happens for the better ". Hard to believe but often you see what's good about a 'tough event' only many years after the event and many resulting things transpired. Not visible at the time of the 'tough event' happening. After so many years in life , and facing lots of traumatic events in the meantime, I now firmly believe in it !
Look up. Everything will eventually end wonderfully ! Enjoy the future, let it not be spoiled by past events. Those who have passed over ARE having a great time already ! You needn't feel sorry for them anymore !
Cheers.:)

You know, for me...the first time I had to deal with death was when my father passed. This was 4 months ago. My mother said to me...this is hard on you becasue you have yet to experience anything like this. She has had quite a few instances within the past few years where relatives and fiends have died. I guess what she means is that even though it is never easy to deal with these things...you figure out what you need to do to come to an understanding eventually, and that, in a way, helps you to deal with the unavoidable "bumps".

Fortunatley for me...I am the kind of person that needs to figure out the "answer" to move on. My mentality functions this way with all my endeavors..bad and good.

We all need to answer these questions..within ourselves evetually, because sometimes, there are no other answers that we can find externally.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
My deepest sympathy’s for the loss of Frans as well as Diny and Marina. I have recently lost two lifetime friends to cancer and now I have some photo's and wonderful memories - but now I can only talk to them in my prayers at night.

I also lost a friend that took his life and I still have no answers there - just a void where he used to be.

Your word and thoughts are very wise and insightful - touching.

May your friends rest in peace.

I share your thoughts and feelings

In our place we say that the only thing you are sure about after you are born is that you will surely die one day. Your life 'path' is pre-determined for you to learn various things. When you finish , you will exit it ...die ! While you have the freedom to change the way you face each hurdle , you cannot change the major events that will take place.
This also means that if you make it to wealth and fame ...it isn't your's really...it was mean to be so. So no one can really claim to riches or fame the way they do today.
This sermon is too long to put here but the bottom line is face everything with humility and courage and the end will always be good. Don't compare yourself with others. Each one has his own task in life and it isn't for you to determine what it is and make comparisons ! Take care of your own ...it's enough.

Now some good web site are there . Good books too.
Check out Friday Afterlife Report April 20th 2012 and their older pages in the 'archives' section. You should find it very interesting.

We also have a saying " Everything happens for the better ". Hard to believe but often you see what's good about a 'tough event' only many years after the event and many resulting things transpired. Not visible at the time of the 'tough event' happening. After so many years in life , and facing lots of traumatic events in the meantime, I now firmly believe in it !
Look up. Everything will eventually end wonderfully ! Enjoy the future, let it not be spoiled by past events. Those who have passed over ARE having a great time already ! You needn't feel sorry for them anymore !
Cheers.:)

EXACTLY!

check these links out about Elder Thaddius. He puts many things into perspective without necessarily attributing EVERYTHING to God.

I dont consider myself a "religious" person..but I am very "spiritual".

Elder Thaddeus of Vitovnitsa
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qACk5vu_wY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5owjLHPM0U&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCnn_rgxNGE&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSIqYgBo6S8&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw5KscF5KjQ&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nagtHkPWbKI&feature=related

Last edited:
We also have a saying " Everything happens for the better ".

Then why don't you find yourself rejoicing when you hear of terrible natural world disasters and say to yourself "Thank the Heavens, another seemingly terrible, senseless, brutal, heinous catastrophic event!, we will grow and learn with this one for sure!!"
If these things are planned then your creator is by definition imperfect and/or malevolent and destructive, no way around this. A grand plan that requires huge suffering is irrefutable damning proof of serious imperfection.

Far better to take comfort in the plain fact that these things have no meaning, certainly there is no plan, then you can and move on with your own life, helping others as best you can. Treat others as you would hope yourself to be treated (but not expect it), simply for it's own reward as a decent human being.

Your friend made an impulsive mistake when at a very low moment in his life.

Take comfort in the fact that you kept him alive for three years.

If he could undo his actions, he would, I promise you that.

Avoid alcohol and do not put false hope in false "Gods" and various other deities.

(I am not saying your friend was drinking, it is however a common depressant that put's people over the edge. People do things out of character while drinking. It is a horrible drug.)

Take it easy.

With all due respect to you Rob - please - let's not get into religion (or politics).

yea..or the thread will be closed down...or something like that.

Anyway...the bottom line is each individual has to rectify internally how they will succeed with their turmoils. The problem is when others influence your balance for the good or bad. YOU have to be the ultimate balance for yourself..and take what knowledge you can from the world around you. Some need the understanding that their is a higher power...and that higher power can be defined as whatever makes you come to terms with life.

Funny thing is, there is too much going on around us. Too many distractions from the self. If we could all escape to the desert and be at one with ourselves...we would greatly benefit from such time alone.

Hell, even anchorites have a hell of a time finding this inner solace...and this is after decades of isolation.

Imagine how screwed we are as everyday dwellers in society.

And then to top things off...addictions are like russian roulette with the everyday person.

throw in depression...stress, etc...and its a wonder we can function at all.

But, the human spirit is insane really. Somehow keeps it somewhat together.

........Then why don't you find yourself rejoicing when you hear of terrible natural world disasters...etc.......

Mark my words Rob G ! When I heard this saying for the very first time it was at my fathers death. Nothing up lifting at the time. I couldn't care if the rest of the world was going to crap ! I lost several very close friends later and close relatives. I've lost LOTS of people I care for very much !
But now after so many years I can see how things did happen for the better.
If you analyse it in a selfish way , you will NEVER see what's good about them. You have to rise above it. It's NOT about rejoicing at all ! You got it all mixed up !
That's it. I'm not saying anything more about this. Take it or leave it. You have to do the analysis for your situation your own way. No one else can do it for you. If you don't see it this lifetime, you will see it for sure on D day !
Wish you all the best.
Cheers.

Your friend made an impulsive mistake when at a very low moment in his life.

Take comfort in the fact that you kept him alive for three years.

If he could undo his actions, he would, I promise you that.

Avoid alcohol and do not put false hope in false "Gods" and various other deities.

(I am not saying your friend was drinking, it is however a common depressant that put's people over the edge. People do things out of character while drinking. It is a horrible drug.)

Take it easy.

anything you use to escape from dealing with your issues, by not forcing yourself to overcome your dilemmas..is a sure way to "snap". And it only takes a split second of weakness to make a decision that you cannot take back.

You cannot judge what others ultimately do. No one can, and should not even try.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.