Teen moms and recessions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Why it happens? Is it a natural law to reproduce people when humankind is in danger?

- weather.com

However it is unethical to compare people to rats, but according to studies when rats' population is divides, and one part experiences higher death rate, another patr starts to reproduce faster. It can't be explained from point of view of known to the science communications, but it works. Something similar can be with humans...

chart.gif

How do these data correlate with overall birthrates in these countries? And the teen birthrates in North Africa, Central America, Southeast Asia?

Really, the differences aren't as dramatic as the rather misleading axes would suggest. These are all basically Western cultures (even modern Japan in many respects). If we plot the norm for these countries (teens not giving birth) per 1000, following their numbering system, the chart looks not so skewed.

Attachments

• Birth.png
    Birth.png
    7.3 KB · Views: 282
the human species is dumb...the idea of having the word "anthropomorphic" as a "comparative" measure to other creatures makes me laugh. Especially since it is defined by "anthropos"---man---.

the human species is dumb...I would like to hear an arguement againt this notion that could actually stick.
...and dont go into the pathetic repeative rhetoric about our advances in technology...please...thats all we got.

Quite the antithesis of Gattaca

aptquark... dumb compared to what? Other creatures? :)

yea...definitely.

though im sure if there were no other creatures on this planet, it would not be hard to come to the same conclusions.

What would be cool is if we could have some extraterrestrials visit and tell us how dumb we are....but then why would they come to earth to talk to amoebas?

I wouldn't say all people are dumb but my current grad students... I've spent the last week watching my dog teach them to do things. He (my dog) actually uses repetition and reward to train them. WOW is all I have to say. Although I'm thinking of writing a book on the experience.

The importance of Pavlov's experiments wasn't insight into canine behavior exclusively.

"Especially since it is defined by "anthropos"---man---" ...but misanthropy is okay.

...hatred of man is exemplified by those wishing to do harm to humanity. Simply stating that the human species is dumb is a simple philosophical truth. All the great thinkers have stated in some way or another that we are limited by our selfishness. Our "ego" is our downfall. Those who try to nullify our shortcomings by pointing out our "greatness" as a species do so in hopes that wishful thinking might one day save our azzes. We do have the capability for evolution in these aspects...but it won't happen. Our reliance on technology to save ourselves is simply not enough. Religion is not enough. Positive thinking is not enough. We simply are incapable of this psychological evolution...our presence on this earth has been a speck of dust compared to the evolution of other species. Yet we deem ourselves "intelligent".

Do we have the capability to outgrow our limitations? Sure we do. But the time needed to do so will not be reached. We simply cannot escape the "ego's" limitations.

It's like my high school choir teacher once said...the choir is only as good as its weakest member. We are all weak members of humanity. And it takes only one maniac to pull the plug.

...and I'm actually a very cheerful person believe it or not.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.