my wife and my speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My wife tolerates my purchases and the mess they create when re-capping and re-foaming.

The only thing is when she decides to invite people over and I have to move all the things into the garage (it is cold up here in Canada now, so I prefer to work inside).

Tonight, I have to perform surgery on a couple of vintage speakers to look at drivers. Thinking about the property I am going to be taking up for this and all the different bins and boxes I will be using, I expect that in the morning I will catch some hell for sure...

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Mine complains when i get to too many. Or whenthe big Woden Horns are installed (she can't see the whole TV from the kitchen)

This is getting close to too many. Especially when you include the 3 pair in the hall.

attachment.php

dave

Attachments

• living-room-011212.jpg
    living-room-011212.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 304
The perfect wife

My wife painted my Tannoys with 6 perfect layers of high gloss polyurethane , dust them off at least 3 times a week and is so happy with the sound in the living room combined with the new phono stage after discovering our old vinyl collection that she bought us two tickets to the Deep Purple and Journey concert next february here in Brisbane !!

Cheers ,

Rens

Attachments

• P1000522.jpg
    P1000522.jpg
    1,022.8 KB · Views: 82
  • P1000496.JPG
    P1000496.JPG
    200.7 KB · Views: 79
Mine complains when i get to too many. Or whenthe big Woden Horns are installed (she can't see the whole TV from the kitchen)

This is getting close to too many. Especially when you include the 3 pair in the hall.

attachment.php

dave

At least none are in pieces, unfinished, or downright used and abused ugly. But instead, what you have there is a home sized Wall of Sound.

I am showing that picture to my wife (just so she can understand exactly how good sound she can have -- maybe she will be inspired).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.