Audiphile Share houses

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am in Sydney Australia and I need to relocate.
I am in a bit of a pickle because my system is for a big room. WMTMW towers 6 foot tall.

I can't find any 1 bedroom places with a big open room and I am having trouble imposing my system on established share houses.

So would anyone consider sharing with a fellow audiophile?

this is really just a general question for fun as I doubt I'll find anyone who would really consider it but I thought I'd ask.

Give me cheap rent and a big room and I'll bring my ultra hi end system!

Water views optional.

edit: Of course I meant Audiophile Share Houses and not audiphile as stated in the subject line. Pfft who would share a house with an audiphile?

Last edited:
Back in the early 1970s following a divorce I was in a share house and installed my set-up. I went away for Christmas and when I got back found my system had been moved into my bedroom. The old B&W DM70 (electrostatic mid-top + Bass by a 13"(?) in a cab underneath.) BOTH electrostatic units had blown and my Garrard 301 had a SPU/E cartridge without a stylus!!

IF you take equipment into a shared house firstly make sure that it is lockable...I notice that Wavebourn uses keyed switches!!! AND that you have rock solid insurance cover, which I know is virtually impossible to get in the UK!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.