It will probably blow up

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

Attachments

• circuit_diagram.png
    circuit_diagram.png
    133.7 KB · Views: 120
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I think there might be meta-stability issue with the logic in this thing.. :p

I've seen this before and no longer clearly remember it's origin, but IIRC it may have originated with one of the big U.S. semi-conductor companies a few decades ago. For some reason National Semiconductor or Analog Devices comes to mind. (It'll turn out to be one of the others.. LOL)

I've seen this before and no longer clearly remember it's origin

In the 1960's Popular Electronics (or maybe Radio Electronics) magazine ran a column every month called Noteworthy Circuits that had clever or unique circuits posted with a short explanation. The April issue had a slightly different theme called Notworthy circuits. They were usually a whole page that resembled this one.

Signetics used to publish paper "data sheets" for non existent devices. The sales rep would drop them off when he brought data books. There was the "Dark Emitting Diode", the "Smoke Emitting Diode", the Friode" and the "Write Only Memory". Those paper data sheets have long ago crumbled into non existence as did Signetics. I do think National made a few too, but all of this fun was long before the compter revolution. Google will turn up references to people who remember the old data sheets, but no actual copies.

Googling around returned a link to this forum where I posted a similar answer about this very same circuit.......I know where we have seen it before!!!

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/lounge/179327-i-gotta-build-me-one-uh-these.html

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.