Counterpoint Electronics/Counterpoint Acoustics/Counterpoint Audio

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

Attachments

• counterpoint electronic systems pre-power open top.jpg
    counterpoint electronic systems pre-power open top.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 430
  • counterpoint electronic systems pre-power.jpg
    counterpoint electronic systems pre-power.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 418
  • counterpoint electronic systems rear poweramp.jpg
    counterpoint electronic systems rear poweramp.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 424
  • Counterpoint preamp.jpg
    Counterpoint preamp.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 425
Last edited:
Ahhh...Counterpoint. I had some of their equipment. Unreliable as hell.
Have been out of business for some years now (I wonder why??)
Search for Alta Vista Audio. They make a living repairing, modding and supplying info to die-hard Counterpoint fans.
Thank you.
http://www.altavistaaudio.com/Product_Guide.html
Quote:
The Counterpoint Guy and Gal.
We shot this picture in a room on an upper floor of the (then) Intercontinental Hotel in San Diego. City lights in the background. The artistic director wasted a lot of time and money setting up shots of the models gazing adoringly at the product. I grew frustrated and pointed out that women don't sit and admire hi-fi gear (at least none that I know) and proposed this shot. I felt that these two lovely people, hired models -- anyone recognize the Grecian Formula man? -- would more likely gaze adoringly at each other. This shot was used for several years on the Counterpoint print brochures. Several retailers took issue with the location of the woman's wine glass, fearing that it might incite more suggestible customers into irresponsibly perching wine glasses on high-fidelity gear. Despite their concern, Counterpoint never serviced a product that had had a drink spilled into it. But they serviced numerous amps and preamps that had been peed into by cats.
More Informations:
http://www.altavistaaudio.com/Timeline.GIF
What Happened To Counterpoint?
Getting Counterpoint Components Repaired : Service
Obtaining transformers for counterpoint gear
for the user's of this brand (die-hard Counterpoint fans - as you say) still yet a better situation than by Thule Audio in Denmark (only in Germany a repair service is performed for devices from Anders Thule) go to
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/126352-what-happen-thule-audio.html
I had a SA-7 preamp.

It had some annoying design flaws.

Andy
Same situation by certainly models of Thule Audio Spirit amp series.

Last edited:
I had a SA-7 preamp.

It had some annoying design flaws.

What I will say.....

Their UK agent was rubbish .. rude and offhand
Would not give me any circuit info.

I contacted Counterpoint and was sent complete manual and circuit diagram by return.

Andy
Hi Andy,

searching for Counterpoint equipment information I stumbled upon your post. Would you be so kind and share a copy of the SA-7 preamp complete manual and circuit diagram ?

Thanks,

Ray

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.