Sound Quality Vs. Measurements

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it keeps with Darwin. Africa gives the hairless primate a chance. Kenya has the perfect climate if on the mountain. It's like bath water. You choose how high up the mountain you live.

Thanks very much for the mitocondria idea. I met my ex wife who still lives here on and off via a discussion on that very subject. She asked me to help her with her English homework ( imagine asking me that ). In her books she had a drawing of an Amoeba. Now the bigger twist. At school I had to drop biology as all sceinces was not allowed. I had to do French and got 23 % in the examintaions. The greater irony is the discussion was in French and I am moderately OK in French now. The greatest irony is I am just off to collect her right now. Mostly after 30 years we are now brother and sister. We actually get on very well. She was and is a very pretty woman. Funny how that makes one learn French. She was qualified in English. Funny thing is I caught her up in 3 months because I had a reason to learn.

Joined 2014
Paid Member
I think it keeps with Darwin. Africa gives the hairless primate a chance. Kenya has the perfect climate if on the mountain. It's like bath water. You choose how high up the mountain you live.

The thing is, except in VERY rare cases mutations and natural selection from them propagate very slowly. A less hairy hominid can hunt longer, so brings in more food, so has more offspring. Slowly this selects for hairless apes. We are still evolving for bipedalism, which is why we have a carp spine design and the remains of a tail.

BBC News - Woman 'cured by lucky DNA mutation' is an example of a beneficial mutation in a lifetime. amazingly rare.

Hurting animals for pleasure is SICK, Nige. As I said, it all beomes very clear once you accept the fact that a say dog, or cat,or even pig for that matter, do have personalities. Some nice, some not so nice, but they all do. Accepting that, one accepts their self-awareness, and any self-aware creature THINKS, no matter how low or high.

I was once, a long time ago, taught by a professional animal trainer that I should make a proper introduction to dogs and cats in particular. He said that once they become aware that you recognize them as personalities, things get much better and easier. The "trick" is painfully simple - look a dog in his eyes ans slowly repeat his name out loud three or four times. 99% of them will get it, and get it right, you will establish contact with them. This has never failed me yet. Just sit the dog in front of you, no hands, no holding them, they need to be completely free at the time so they don't associate any restarints or hinderances to your meeting. Works every time. Sure as hell worked with little Milo, my neighbor's doggie, a mixed breed with a fabulous capaity to love everyone and with zero fear. He strolls into my apartent as if he just liberated the city of Belgrade. He know he's welcome, but he observes his manners - he will walk to the door to my living room, to check if my wife is there, and will sit until she talks to him, in his view until he's invited in. Then he's all over her until I come in, after which he's all over me for as long as he's allowed to stay there. He "talks" to me with look only, I know exactly what he wants me to do.

I believe that's about so with everyone else who genuinely loves dogs. They are infallible in sniffing such people out. Lovely creatures! God's gift to man.

Exactly how we originated is still a mystery. Some believe in the theory of evolution, others believe we were planted here and possibly devolved from our originators rather than evolved.

There was a show on Discovery Science a few days ago about an alleged book compiled by the Russians since the 18 hundreds, and was later taken up by KGB. It lists, mostly with hand drawn illustrations, no less that 20 types of aliens who are alegedly known to have visited us, some dating back many thousands of years ago. The odd thing is that each species is very precisely oiginated in other galaxies and systems.

On species' civilization originates back almost 2 billion yeras. Allegedly, they saw themselves as the disseminators of life in much of the galaxy, although thes did not inhabit more than two plantes. They did not want to replicate themselves, rather used themselves as the seed for the development of independant races.

I am not saying this was indeed so, but I am saying that this is possible. We still lack too much data in our evolution, a few vital steps are still missing. WE ASSUME but do not have proof of amphivbians leaving the sea for dry land. There's the famous "missing link" from ape to man.

Ridley Scott's movie "Prometehus" is also an interesting approach, despite a typically Hollywood ending.

Joined 2014
Paid Member
Exactly how we originated is still a mystery. Some believe in the theory of evolution, others believe we were planted here and possibly devolved from our originators rather than evolved.

Evolution fits the data we have and the fossil record. Whether you prefer to believe in that or your preferred creation/alien seeding myth is up to you. Why else would you share 90% of your DNA with a cabbage?

Evolution fits the data we have and the fossil record. Whether you prefer to believe in that or your preferred creation/alien seeding myth is up to you. Why else would you share 90% of your DNA with a cabbage?

No doubt the theory of evolution is a plausible possible scenario, however it has not been proved yet, we lack a few links. Perhaps we'll find them at some point, but perhaps not, While possible, even probable scenario, evolution is not the only possible scenario.

Joined 2014
Paid Member
No doubt the theory of evolution is a plausible possible scenario, however it has not been proved yet, we lack a few links. Perhaps we'll find them at some point, but perhaps not, While possible, even probable scenario, evolution is not the only possible scenario.

You cannot prove a theory, you can only disprove it. Key tenet of science. So far all attempts to disprove evolution have failed, so its a good theory. If it does get disproved one day real scientists will be very happy that human knowledge has taken a step forwards.

Joined 2014
Paid Member
So we are starmen consuming our own flesh when eating cabbage. A fratricidal war? It should be outlawed.

You borrow your stardust. There will be molecules in you that were once part of any historical figure you care to mention.

Also remember only 10% of the cells in your body are Eukaryotic. You are actually a large walking digester tank for other organisms. We have very little understanding yet how these all hold together.

You borrow your stardust. There will be molecules in you that were once part of any historical figure you care to mention.

Also remember only 10% of the cells in your body are Eukaryotic. You are actually a large walking digester tank for other organisms. We have very little understanding yet how these all hold together.

This could help explain many things, including Brussels sprouts and why some people think they are edible :eek:

I already suspect that we are being farmed but now i have to think of us as farms too...

My point was how a viable cluster of hairless primates could get going. Unlike most animals we are helpless for about 27 years when a boy. Realistically most 10 year olds need help. Survival of the fittest seems unlikely for us . However we have made the journey. How come? Lets rule out the fruit fly analogy. That might expain how we might be different to suit where we live . My specualtion seems to have a small chance. A mass identical mutation which seems more likely to be caused by a virus makes many hairless soft skull babies to be born. The mothers do not reject them and fathers do not kill them. Unusual for primates as often they need no excuse. These babies despite being very fragile have the brains to make the next move. They go off looking for others.

That is the only way I can see it happening. You can say the change might be less dramatic than I guess. This might be happening right now due to the modern world. People of greater mental ability may be joining. In time without trying they might form a master race. Silicon Valley could by pure circumstance alone cause this. You might say if now why not then ? Simple. We now have the means to make Darwins evolution a practical reality. That is we create clusters. Air travel makes it possible.

One thing that is very interesting is a tribe in Africa that claims to be Jews. The theory was they had lived with Jewish tribes and adopted their customs. They look for all the world like Africans of the region. Recently it has been found that they are a related tribe that has Cohen DNA. In fact if I am right more strongly related to the Cohen than most Jews. This is a truer version of fruit flies. The Jews have the oldest true alphabet as opposed to the cuniform. To an extent this did change their world and ours. To store and share data is valuable.

I met an African American lady who asked me where she came from. I told her by DNA I could say where most of her DNA was from. She seemed very happy with that. " Nigel do it and you will be a rich man". I said no way as I am not black and must not make money this way. If anyone wants to do this I am sure many Black Americans would love you for it. Don't rip them off please.

I take the Lemba tribe and the climate of Africa as being most likely the origin of humans. How we got to Japan so quickly is difficult. Kenya would be an ideal climate. I suspect the people of Africa we see now are not typical of the ones who migrated. Perhaps the runners of Kenya give a clue as might the Lemba.

Last edited:

What I would love is life to be found on Mars. If so to have similar DNA to Earth. I would not conclude any direct connection. I would say DNA is a preference of the chemicals. That would not be right I am sure. However it is not impossible. In fact it might be reality. That is just like hydrogen and oxygen always prefer to form water so might DNA be the easier route the mixture of common chemicals take. It might be all we need to know. Thinking in a logical way this must be true. I suspect DNA in the universe is universal and yet is not directly connected. If not so we have a real mystery on our hands. So when Star Trek shows trees on Earth like planets it might just be right. Trees follow fractal patterns. Thus they are the logical form.

Again, there are theories floating around that Mars in fact does have liquid water, but it is all under ground. If it could be brought back up to the surface, it is theorized that Mars could one day have an atmosphere again, with the greenhouse effect it could make it a much frindlier place in terms of temperature. It is also suspected that some original life forms have survived with and in the water, although probably not its true last inhabiants. However, it is also believed that it's quite possible that we share the same common DNA, butat this time it obviously cannot be proved.

The true mystery of Mars is what happend to make it lose its atmosphere? Something did, but what? Currently, it's night/day temperature variation lies between -72 and +2 degrees centigrade, with +2 being the best case, and -10 veing the mean average.

The naked ape could survive because it evolved characteristics that are not so much beneficial to individual, but rather to group survival. Every group of around 150 individuals has hunters and engineers, cooks, mothers and natural leaders.

Plus, of course, men who like to sleep in tents together and who are willing to sacrify themselves for each other and who like to be in each others company more than anything else. Yes, indeed, it is one of those miracles of evolution that those naturally predisposed to protect the community through a military carreer and are thus most likely to die young, are also those least likely to procreate if nature still had its way.

Joined 2014
Paid Member
My point was how a viable cluster of hairless primates could get going. Unlike most animals we are helpless for about 27 years when a boy. Realistically most 10 year olds need help. Survival of the fittest seems unlikely for us . However we have made the journey. How come? Lets rule out the fruit fly analogy. That might expain how we might be different to suit where we live . My specualtion seems to have a small chance. A mass identical mutation which seems more likely to be caused by a virus makes many hairless soft skull babies to be born. The mothers do not reject them and fathers do not kill them. Unusual for primates as often they need no excuse. These babies despite being very fragile have the brains to make the next move. They go off looking for others.

That is the only way I can see it happening.

Anthropologists have been studying this for a very long time. Oddly they have well developed theories that also fit the data. Some cooky ones as well, but adult teeth came through as teenagers. But we are not the only mammal to live in social groups, and some such as wolves have a very well developed peer review filters out the worst of those. The long childhood in humans is actually related to teeth as hominids couldn't feed themselves totally until the social structure where the aunts help raise the cubs.

The fossil record indicates slow hair loss over some millions of years. You might have a valid theory, but there is no evidence for it. likewise the huge brains took some time to develop as hips had to widen to cope.

The theories in place my one day be surpassed but for now they match what we know.

Status
Not open for further replies.