Sound Quality Vs. Measurements

Status
Not open for further replies.
diyAudio Member RIP
Joined 2005
I agree, neither do every day, Argentina meat is the world's best but is very expensive.:bawling:

I once read that mineral/vegetable oils are poisonous above certain temperature, modern life requires a lot with time, so the restaurants keep of very hot oil.

I've found expeller-pressed coconut oil to be useful for medium-heat cooking, and some say it is even good to eat directly. But it will degrade at really high temperatures.

Argentina meat is very expensive.

Actually, i get Argentinian corazon de cuadril and bife angosto in 5lb-10lb pieces, wholesale.
Fine quality, but still relatively cheap with respect to average meat price levels overhere.

I gathered that beef quality for the domestic market is on the way down fast, due to feeding the cattle fast-food nutrition, subsidized by the Argentinian government, on top of hefty risen price levels.

(think i'll stick with peanut oil, despite my 6'2''/1.88m and >>250lb)

Actually, i get Argentinian corazon de cuadril and bife angosto in 5lb-10lb pieces, wholesale.
Fine quality, but still relatively cheap with respect to average meat price levels overhere.

I gathered that beef quality for the domestic market is on the way down fast, due to feeding the cattle fast-food nutrition, subsidized by the Argentinian government, on top of hefty risen price levels.

(think i'll stick with peanut oil, despite my 6'2''/1.88m and >>250lb)

Forgive me, but those are cheap cuts, the true asado is something different from the barbecue.;)

For reasons I do not understand, in some countries in Europe, get our meat cheaper than us.:confused:

Any oil degrades at really high temperatures. Animal and coconut fats are most stable. SY is chemist, he should have numbers to compare.

For deep frying, animal oils are much less stable than vegetable-based peanut oil, grapeseed oil, refined olive oil, or mustard seed oil. Coconut and pumpkinseed oils are some of the least temperature stable vegetable oils. Canola has a high smoke point, but for me, always seems to have a fishy aroma when heated.

I hope Sally Fallon and Mary G. Enig, Ph.D, will forgive me for citing here from copyrighted book:

In summary, our choice of fats and oils is one of extreme importance. Most people, especially infants and growing children, benefit from more fat in diet rather than less. But the fats we eat must be chosen with care. Avoid all processed foods containing newfangled hydrogenated fats and polyunsaturated oils. Instead, use traditional vegetable oils like extra virgin olive oil and small amounts of unrefined flax seed oil. Acquaint yourself with the merits of coconut oil for baking and with animal fats for occasional frying. Eat egg yolks and other animal fats with the proteins to which they are attached. And, finally, use as much good quality butter as you like, with the happy assurance that it is a wholesome - indeed, an essential - food for you and your whole family.

Last edited:
I hope Sally Fallon and Mary G. Enig, Ph.D, will forgive me for citing here from copyrighted book:

In summary, our choice of fats and oils is one of extreme importance. Most people, especially infants and growing children, benefit from more fat in diet rather than less. But the fats we eat must be chosen with care. Avoid all processed foods containing newfangled hydrogenated fats and polyunsaturated oils. Instead, use traditional vegetable oils like extra virgin olive oil and small amounts of unrefined flax seed oil. Acquaint yourself with the merits of coconut oil for baking and with animal fats for occasional frying. Eat egg yolks and other animal fats with the proteins to which they are attached. And, finally, use as much good quality butter as you like, with the happy assurance that it is a wholesome - indeed, an essential - food for you and your whole family.

Wow, I never knew that what I always do is in fact very scientific.

I use virgin olive oil (Greek, I prefer it to Italian) for salads and things, but do not fry on it. I also use very small amounts of sunflower seed oil for a pep here and there.

For eggs, I like to throw in a small picece of butter - margerine is forbidden on my planet. Just for the delicious aroma and the taste of it.

Meat I usually fry on new fangled zero fat frying pans, the non-stick types, and I have to admit, they work just fine. Given that pork is the meat everything revolves around, adding any kind of fat would only spoil its natural aroma and taste.

I do my BBQ the traditional way. This is to say that prior to being fried, the meat has to spend 24 hours in a mix of vegetable oil, fresh paprika and onion before it's fried. After that, you need exactly zero salt and just add some pepper for good taste. And the taste is, well, divine.

I didn't mean EAT the politicians, hell Wave, I am very choosy about what I eat, but just watching them squirm is a pleasure unto itself, I think. :D :D :D

NP .... I can send you one .... :)

Well that settles that ....... :)

Yes, you could, Wayne. And I thank you for it as if you just did, but I cannot presume to trouble you. And, after all, USA is not a world away, I think I'll hit its shores at least once more before I check out.

Also, as a matter of principle, I try my best not to accept favors which I cannot return in kind. And I think it's easier to smuggle a hydrogen bomb into USA than a piece of meat - I have never been asked by the US customs officers anything else except do I have any food even since 1969. They are really panicky about it. This means I cannot send you any, which is a pity, but is unfortunately quite conclusive.

Hopefully, this time round, I'll get to see more than just the East Coast. Nothing wrong with it, of course, but there's so much more to see elsewhere.

For deep frying, animal oils are much less stable than vegetable-based peanut oil, grapeseed oil, refined olive oil, or mustard seed oil. Coconut and pumpkinseed oils are some of the least temperature stable vegetable oils. Canola has a high smoke point, but for me, always seems to have a fishy aroma when heated.

Not my place to advise an "authentique gourmet" but here we use first cold pressing sunflower seed oil, no fishy aroma when heated.
Very close to my town, they produce internationally awarded olive oil, but eat cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.