Sound Quality Vs. Measurements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Ok , but Italy have Better bikes, cars, clothes and pootang (some may say pastries) :)

I love Gelato, Limonicello and fresh, raw green olives. And Pizza. And the cakes you get in Italia.

Bikes? Car's? Make mine a BMW M5 please, or a BMW Bike. Clothes, it's the (wo)man that makes the clothes, not the other way around.

Italian girls mostly reminded me of my Irish Catholic Girlfriend. I mean you can take the Girl out of Cork...

Ciao T

Hi,

What is "kalter hund" ? Sounds dangerous... ;-)

It is "cold dog" and it is extremely dangerous to cholesterol levels, blood sugar and waist lines.

Do not ask me where the name comes from, I have not been able to find it using the all knowing, all seeing eye, "DaGoogle".

You make it by taking a box-tin cake/bread form and several large packages of Leibnitz Butterkeks (Butter Cookies - like english bisquites, but sweet, buttery and tasty, not salty and bland so you must put cheese on top to make them edible - again, these are legalised pot, if you start a pack you must finish and are in danger of buying another one) and a large amount of chocolate (powder is ok) mixed with coconut fat to make a glaze.

You layer chocolate glaze with buttercookies with chocolate glaze with buttercookies until your boxtin is full. Then place in freezer for a few hours, until very cold. Unbox, keep refrigerated and eat in slices. It is a very humble desert, but nevertheless very tasty. Then again, there is "Blaubeertorte mit Sahne"... Also very tasty.

I guess we now can figure where the "Cold" comes from. For the Dog, I suspect this is forever lost in the sands of thyme, just the origin of this most favourite english desert of them all, the spotted dick...

Ciao T

Well, it seems this thread has gone off the rails from the original post. But, I have to ask and maybee Scott and Thorsten can answer. As a kid, growing up in Bavaria, we had a pastry thing called "Schweinohren". Thin layers of dough, lots of butter. Sort-off looked like a bretzel without holes. Found them in Mexico too. What is the English name? E
PS: Thanks for the memory of the kalter Hund!

Well, it seems this thread has gone off the rails from the original post. But, I have to ask and maybee Scott and Thorsten can answer. As a kid, growing up in Bavaria, we had a pastry thing called "Schweinohren". Thin layers of dough, lots of butter. Sort-off looked like a bretzel without holes. Found them in Mexico too. What is the English name? E
PS: Thanks for the memory of the kalter Hund!

Our local name was elephant's ears, in France palmier. It's also amazing how many cultures have a version of fried dough.

Hi,

I love Gelato, Limonicello and fresh, raw green olives. And Pizza. And the cakes you get in Italia.

Bikes? Car's? Make mine a BMW M5 please, or a BMW Bike. Clothes, it's the (wo)man that makes the clothes, not the other way around.

Italian girls mostly reminded me of my Irish Catholic Girlfriend. I mean you can take the Girl out of Cork...

Ciao T

BMW ...'s = posers ... :p

Bike, Recently OK, still prefer Aprilla/Ducati .. Italians make better drivers cars/Bikes, IMRO, pootang too. German cars with the exception of Porsche and Mercedes Black , is like German Audio and football, functionally bland to perfection.

Not a pastry person , I eat , but don't crave ............ :cool:

Last edited:
Much as I admire German prowess in car manufacturing, and I take my hat off to VW for managing to reduce fuel consumption as they did, I have to say I find German cars to be boring. Dead boring.

Somehow, they lack the fire and passion of Italian cars, however Italian cars lack German precision engineering. And please, don't say: "Ah, but Ferrari ..." because Ferrari makes around 5,000 cars per annum, which is around 0.001% of the world production, whereas Germany makes around 9.9% of the total annual world production.

I drove the new Alfa Romeo Guilietta the other day, a friend (a dedicated Alfista) just bought it. I think I see the reason why when you once own an Alfa, you will never be happy with anything else. That machine has character, it breathes a lot more fire than you'd ever guess from its specifications, but unfortunately, it is rather expensive. Then again, it seems to be better made than Alfas have been over the last 30 years. It appears FIAT has finally decided to bring back the Alfa of old.

On the feel alone, no German made product I have ever been in has that kind of feeling. On the other hand, no Alfa will ever last as long as a common VW. At least thus far. One of its highlights is its "DNA" switch (Manettino on the Ferraris). It changes the character of the car as per your current feeling, and has three positions - Wet, Comfort and Sport. Switch to sport, and your engine turns from docile to explosive, your steering becomes shraper and your brakes really bite. A joy to drive.

As for other Italian specialties, I have eaten better pizza in New York and Boston than in Italy. Americans seem to have perfected it no end. But pasta is still better in Italy than elsewhere, at least what I tried of it.

And the best Wiener schnitzel I ever ate was, I am pleased to say, still in Vienna. And with a heraty laugh as well - in a family restaurant in Vienna, they served outstanding meat, with potatoes on the side, accompanied by a potato salad. :D

Hi,

In Germany Posers drive merc's, not BMW. BMW are quite common every day cars there.

That is the fun with an M5 or M7... An almost racing car that looks like a normal family car.

Ciao T

After all, it IS a souped up family car.

Frankly, I feel BMW has lost much of its previous sheen, they went for the profits and started making cars which look too much like their take on Mercedes Benz.

Whereas Porsche still flies straight as an arrow, that's a car which somehow seems to except tself from tha laws of physics. The only truly fiery German car, if one disregards small time manufacturers, like Bitter and such like.

Hi,

In Germany Posers drive merc's, not BMW. BMW are quite common every day cars there. That is the fun with an M5 or M7... An almost racing car that looks like a normal family car.

Ciao T

BMW has no brakes and soft controls ( had one ) Porsche is the only one doing real cars , get a panamera ( OK, close your eyes a bit :) ) Mercedes black is no poser , better than any BMW.

Amp:
Current feedback vs voltage, still need and answer to my original question, why current feedback and isn't a voltage amp better for load tolerance than current ..?

Transformer:
How much reserve do you like to see in your transformers, if any ..?

And the best Wiener schnitzel I ever ate was, I am pleased to say, still in Vienna. And with a heraty laugh as well - in a family restaurant in Vienna, they served outstanding meat, with potatoes on the side, accompanied by a potato salad. :D

We always kept a big chive plant in the garden, did your family use liebstoeckl? I have my own propagated from the cuttings my grandparents brought here.

Anyway, one thing I noticed right off when modeling the Rotel is it is slow. Uses input compensation at 2.2MHz, loads the VAS output with the Cdom at 14.6K and has what looks like transitional Miller compensation sans the resistor between the cap and negative input. So, this leads us back to reduced BW and not producing high harmonics that could be messing with the tweeter?

Now, I still need to open one as I am guessing at the miller comp value. They intentionally did not mark two parts on the schematic.

a., right, it is BMW I hate. Arrogant, won't stand behind their products. For a car, it was vastly better than the pig they called a 3 series in 2009.

Status
Not open for further replies.