Astrology - what a whopping great load of rubbish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Astrology....... What a whopping great load of rubbish indeed.

haldor said:
I find this thread a very interesting window into the critical thinking skills of some of the imates of this place. This will help to better interprete/evaluate what you have to say on other subjects.

Thanks!

Phil
Hi Phil,
I must say that I agree with your above comment.
If you are to read from the start of this thread, you will see that I have more than once politely and encouragingly asked Mr Thorsten Loesch to elaborate on this "PROPER ASTROLOGY (which is very much a real, reputable science)" subject that he holds so dear.
And the result ?. - Nil, zero, zilch information to educate and enlighten us all about the subject, no answers to direct questions, and instead confrontational remarks in his replies.
This indeed tells me quite a lot about the nature of this Mr Thorsten Loesch Esq. .

Eric / - Still Adhering To Proveable Logic.

Re: Astrology....... What a whopping great load of rubbish indeed.

mrfeedback said:

Hi Phil,
I must say that I agree with your above comment.
If you are to read from the start of this thread, you will see that I have more than once politely and encouragingly asked Mr Thorsten Loesch to elaborate on this "PROPER ASTROLOGY (which is very much a real, reputable science)" subject that he holds so dear.
And the result ?. - Nil, zero, zilch information to educate and enlighten us all about the subject, no answers to direct questions, and instead confrontational remarks in his replies.
This indeed tells me quite a lot about the nature of this Mr Thorsten Loesch Esq. .

Eric / - Still Adhering To Proveable Logic.

Having watched this thread so far, I can't hold my amsement from the ignorance about the whole subject. What exactly, all of you smart ***** know about astrology, to pollute this thread, although right from beginning it was intended as a farce?

Astrology ? - Let's Have Some Facts Then....

Sorry to dispel another belief........

Eric.

Attachments

• tombstone.jpeg
    tombstone.jpeg
    29.7 KB · Views: 205
You might like to have a look at the horoscope section of various New York newspapers on Sept 11 2001.

Do we read "Serious bad-hair day today; suggest you stay in bed."

I think not. :rolleyes:

And to the minority following this thread that claim astrologers really *did* know, well, are they then in some way accountable for not raising a hue and cry?

Again, if you knew ANYTHING about the subject you would not have commented on one planet. It is not ONE planet that is the point here. Things are jolly complex and as with things where the data is plentiful the minus's and plus's average more or less out. Few people I have come across have any outstanding natal charts, yet virtually all outstanding individuals do...

I didn't mean that astrology is relying on one planet's orbit. It was just meant as an example. Even if you take all of them into account it wouldn't change much.

Regards

Charles

diyAudio Moderator Emeritus
Joined 2001
Circlotron:

It is true that statistics can be manipulated. But they can also give you a snapshot into what is going on.

The pollster John Zogby correctly predicted the 8 point Clinton win over Bob Dole in 1996, and Al Gore's 1 point popularity lead in 2000. Both predictions were correct right to the percentage point.

Moving away from politics, I do believe that a lot of analysis of what goes on inside an atom is based on statistical probabilities.

Both in the "hard" sciences and the social sciences, data analysis has opened whole new vistas. The fact that so much talk on the internet consists of "my guy has better numbers than your guy nyaah nyaah" is an unfortunate by product.

diyAudio Moderator Emeritus
Joined 2001
Circlotron said:
Hi kelticwizard. I agree fully. BTW, did you ever read the first line of my signature? :)

Sure I read your signature, Circlotron. If you will recall, I was the one who started a whole thread about one of your signatures. ;)

Circlotron said:
Also, did anyone find any horoscopes for the day of the WTC collapse?

You know, I just might do that. The New York Times won't have it, but the local library should have our area paper on microfiche, and that paper carries the horoscope. Might take a few days, but it might be fun.

Of course, those who defend astrology will say that newspaper astrologers are entertainers who are unconnected from what they regard as real knowledge. But what the heck.

Status
Not open for further replies.