What?? You can't name your kids Adolf Hitler??

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about Blossom or Twilight or other mysterious words from Encyclopedia Galactica?

Yes, you are quite right CBS240, how would they know if they were contained in their unknowing environment? Such environments are disminishing (good or bad?) fast.

Brgds

Last edited:
If an unwise choice when naming a child were legally actionable the state would have custody of hundreds of thousands on this basis. I would hope the reason was actually that the home was an unsafe environment for the children for other reasons. The article hints at this but, as usual today's media rarely puts effort into unraveling the truth of a story...go for the attention grabbing headline and move on before any thinking is required.

I would expect fox news would be quite sympathetic to a nice nazi family

they most certainly would.

except for that n-word.

all things nazi went up in smoke in the us

in December 1941.

now if they had labeled themselves,

'financially persecuted conservatives ...'

A certain family in a town I used to live in
had named all their children so their initials were KKK.
Sad, but true.

and now they are wealthy, and, famous -

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

J/K

Last edited:
With freedom comes self-imposed responsibility. Sometimes inconvenient, often annoying, but that's the price you pay for "your" freedom of speech and expression.

"Few men desire liberty; most men wish only for a just master."

"Every bad precedent originated as a justifiable measure."

Gaius Sallustius Crispus, ca. 86 BC – 35 BC
(generally known simply as Sallust)

The name apparently had nothing to do with the decision, as indeed it should not.

What, and the naming itself isn't tantamount to abuse? How would you like to grow up with a burden like that?

At least one of the Scandinavian countries have a list of approved names. If the name isn't on the list you can't use it.

An approved list is a bit rich for my blood, but I still feel that there are far too many people just making up names. It's a dead giveaway. What my mother would have called LCV. No class. You don't get the aristocracy calling their kids Doohickey, or even (sorry Frank) Dweezle.

So it's a stupid name to call your kids, but that's no reason for their kids to be taken away. Hopefully something was at play that can be rectified and the family can be reunited safely and happily. The gagging of the parents simply smacks of a cover up.

Perhaps you don't consider the realities a kid named Adolph Hitler would face in

1)School
2)Career
3)The DMV (dept. of motor vehicles, since you're not USA based)

Setting your kid up to be a pariah (and a target of violence), that way, means you're an unfit parent. Seems easy enough to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.