Rugby World Cup final

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Oh you guys definately earned it; it's just a shame that you did'nt really stuff the French team.
The ref's decision against Wales in the semi's was one of the worst in any sport that I have watched and has profoundly affected me ever since. (if Wales had one it would have produced a fantastic final).
But then so were some of the managements decisions for kicking duties. Hook lost the game, Steven Jones would have won it......simple!
Never mind, it was great to see the warrior that is Richie Mcall lift the Webb Ellis Cup whilst the puffy bruised face of Para looked meekly on.....!

Yeah, I would agree that the French team have always got a surprise up their sleeves; like loosing to Tonga...................and Italy in the Six nations!?
It was a tense last few minutes always with the threat of a last minute French drop goal but the Kiwi's kept hold of the ball and ran the clock down masterfully.

I'm not sure about Wales, France beat then and they had their opportunites to win that game. Wales were beaten by Australia and they could no way have challenged the All Blacks like France did IMO. I love the French, they don't seem to like the Haka and always save their best for us.
Thanks France for a great final, and sorry for all the bad press your team got.

France only beat Wales by one point and against only 14 men for 70 minutes of the game. They gave the game to France by missing penalty kicks. France don't know how lucky they are!
I did like the way France confronted the Haka with an arrow of players; I think that this disrupted the Kiwi's heads.........good mind games.
I agree that Wales would have lost but the game would have been much more entertaining to watch.

France only beat Wales by one point and against only 14 men for 70 minutes of the game. They gave the game to France by missing penalty kicks. France don't know how lucky they are!
I did like the way France confronted the Haka with an arrow of players; I think that this disrupted the Kiwi's heads.........good mind games.
I agree that Wales would have lost but the game would have been much more entertaining to watch.

Yeah I agree, they are one of the few teams that will not be intimidated by the AB's, that's why I respect them so much. And to be honest, I think France would have always done just enough to beat Wales. I like the Wales play, but they are just a wee bit behind the top 5 nations IMO. But they have a young team, and I really hope they grow for 2015. Weve done our dash for the next 24 years so Im supporting france or wales for the next RWC:)

I think we underestimated the French yet again; luckily the boys managed to grind on and not conceded any penalties! :)

I really don't think they did, the French always save the best for the allblacks. They dug deep for that win. Remember last world cup, they knocked us out and had a dreadful game against England, who were lucky to make the final IMO. I dont know if Dusattoir will make the next RWC, but McCaw rates him as the best he's played against. That was a cooment he made off the record to a rugby personality.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.