DAA - DiyAudio Anonymous

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Does anyone one know of a DAA near Edinburgh that I could attend?

Since I retired this is getting silly.

Actually - for a moment I thought that it might be worthwhile to open up a forum here on that subject. Then I realized that would be like holding an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting at the local pub.

In an effort to support you I'm willing to put all of your spare finances into my bank account so you won't be tempted to go spend them foolishly on our little hobby. :D:D:D

As the saying goes - the 1st step is to realize that you have a problem and are powerless to control it........ :rolleyes:

Disabled Account
Joined 2004
You're not anonymous anymore. Yes, it's silly but tell me what's not. I find all my pastimes silly in varying degrees. Besides silly some are expensive and dangerous. Audio DIY? Hmm, a shock once in a while, an expensive tube once in a while, silly projects more often than once in a while....nothing to worry about. DIY audio leaves little or no scar compared to fooling around with women.

Following are some of the common symptoms of addiction to keep an eye out for:
*You use DiyAudio to escape from reality (such as Diy because you're bored).
*You DiyAudio more and more as time goes by.
*You always make sure that you have access to DiyAudio.
*You will DiyAudio at any cost (ie. you DiyAudio even though it's your wife's birthday).
*When you give in to DiyAudio, you feel happy or secure (though later may feel guilty).
*You feel you need DiyAudio to get through the day.
*You have tried to stop DiyAudio in the past, but weren't able to.
*Your personality, interests or goals have changed (for instance, you've given up your gym membership and your drinking because you're spending so much time on DiyAudio).
*DiyAudio is interfering with your relationships.
*You find it difficult to stay away from DiyAudio for several days.
*You hide DiyAudio from your friends and family.

If you said yes to any of these you may be an engineer..

Or you're from Canada.:D

Last edited:
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Following are some of the common symptoms of addiction to keep an eye out for:
*You use DiyAudio to escape from reality (such as Diy because you're bored).
*You DiyAudio more and more as time goes by.
*You always make sure that you have access to DiyAudio.
*You will DiyAudio at any cost (ie. you DiyAudio even though it's your wife's birthday).
*When you give in to DiyAudio, you feel happy or secure (though later may feel guilty).
*You feel you need DiyAudio to get through the day.
*You have tried to stop DiyAudio in the past, but weren't able to.
*Your personality, interests or goals have changed (for instance, you've given up your gym membership and your drinking because you're spending so much time on DiyAudio).
*DiyAudio is interfering with your relationships.
*You find it difficult to stay away from DiyAudio for several days.
*You hide DiyAudio from your friends and family.

If you said yes to any of these you may be an engineer..

Or you're from Canada.:D

Someone near and dear to my heart could cite several of the above examples as recent household infractions.. :p

In real life I am an engineer, and my listening room is currently littered with the bits and pieces of several projects currently under construction. (I do actually tend to finish things.. :D )

These days I want to be from Canada.. :cheers:

Hello Andrew, as a fellow DIY'er who is concerned for your addiction, and since Thomas has so kindly offered to relieve you of your excess funds that allow you to feed this addiction, I feel that I must also help you by offering to take the inventory you have on hand that also feeds your addiction.

Please feel free to PM me so that we can make a suitable arrangement for you to ship all of this inventory of addictive substances to me and get it out of your home. That way you will remove another temptation from your home.;)

Peace,

Dave Gerecke

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Congratulations Chaps!!!! Haven't seen Andrew around so I think we may have helped him break his addiction. Either that or we have scared him off to a different site. Sort of like finding a different bar to go drinking at......

On the other hand - he may have simply said to hell with it and gone to a real bar to down a few..... :drink::drink::drink:

Last edited:
In the UK many of us sleep during the sundown hours.
Now I'm away to find that woman someone referred to earlier.
But, there is a little birdie in there telling me "I'll be back".

Eventually though, you will be confronted with a difficult choice: the woman or the audio habit.
And the two are completely incompatible! You will find, as others here have, that they are mutually exclusive.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.