Are you a walking battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My teeth are capacitors! Now I want an upgrade to Mundorf teeth. :D

Since I stopped chewing aluminum foil, the electrical problems in my mouth aren't nearly as bad.

Some people suffer from never feeling well and do not know why. You think that was a joke? For some it can cause serious neurological imbalances.

Speaking of aluminum foil... As a child did you ever place aluminum foil against one of your dental filings? I did. It hurts. Know why it was painful? Electrical current was being generated.

Yes, of course I know. That's why I mentioned it. And the current flow has a taste, just stick a battery on your tongue.

But I never thought of my teeth as capacitors or spark plugs before.

The problem is, these electrical impulses can wreak all sorts of havoc with susceptible people. I just experienced an imbalance problem that appears to stem from this factor.

Just located a longer version of that video. I believe you will see for yourself that the man is qualified to speak with authority on this subject.

Dr. James Rota: Controversies in Dentistry - YouTube

Electricity in our body 'walks' better trough water ,as in any corpse .
maybe it's the water part produced ( secreted ) in the mouth that the Doctor is referring to . I admit I didn't catch a single word of what he said , except ' LA':p
Being myself an ( heavy ) smoker ...it may happen an over production ( of humors- water )from lungs to ears to refrigerate the extra heat induced by the smoke .:scratch1:
:gasp:

So what is he selling? I didn't see him mention any products to alleviate these horrible symptoms.

Following his failure to get tenure at UCLA, he's had a long career selling "natural" dentistry. As Pano mentioned, filling replacement is a thriving business.

The alternative composite materials are interesting, but quite expensive. They're mostly a ceramic powder with a binder made from a UV cure epoxy. The dentist drills out the amalgam, coats the tooth with a snap-cure glue, squeezes some of the uncured composite out of a tube, puts in the hole, molds it into shape, trims, then ZAP! with some long wavelength high intensity UV from an LED. Full cure in about 15 seconds.

It's unclear to me what's more "natural" and "holistic" about these alternative materials.

OK,,, now I see why some suggestions about audio receive such resistance. Its nothing about audio itself. Its about how some people are hardwired.

What I learned here? Mercury is good for you. Electric impulses much higher that what your brain puts out, near to your brain, is good for you. Other than that? Nobody knows anything if you mention it to the hardwired types. Better they not know and keep it to those who are not so inclined. Less hardwired types in the future, maybe. ;-)

Seriously... It was being told by a traditional physician that I must keep on antibiotics to control the enterecocous infection found in my urine sample. That was last year. If not, that I might even need to be hospitalized. For it was a dangerous bacteria to have in one's body.

Yet, I cured it withing 4 days. How? I sat myself down in a dentist chair of one of these quacks and had a root canal extracted. Within 4 days.. Gone. The follow up at a urologist confirmed it. He knew. I was told that root canals cause all sorts of internal infection problems, and that urinary tract was only one of them. Talk to a traditional dentist? He does not even have a clue. He's been told that the holistic dentists are quacks, out to make fast bucks. So be it. Let the hardwired ones be cynical and die off. It may be a good thing they will not listen. No? In spite of it all. I try anyway.

Last edited:
Following his failure to get tenure at UCLA, he's had a long career selling "natural" dentistry. As Pano mentioned, filling replacement is a thriving business.

Is your business thriving? I hope so. But, sadly, that would have to mean something is wrong with you ethically. For, all thriving businesses are. Right?

It should be thriving. But that is not the case. Maybe where Pano lives its caught on because the people are more informed. That''s a bad thing.

It was my perfectly conventional dentist who told me that tooth roots, even after root canal treatment, can be reservoirs of infection because they are relatively inaccessible for the immune system.

Dentists can get a bit defensive when mercury amalgam is criticised on health grounds. I am not in a position to judge the issue myself, although I do have a personal interest in the outcome. The only read-across to audio is that some people get upset when their views are challenged, especially by something as boring as (potential) facts.

Toddlers like to have their views, skills, achievements etc. affirmed by others. Adults are supposed to be different.

The alternative composite materials are interesting, but quite expensive. They're mostly a ceramic powder with a binder made from a UV cure epoxy. The dentist drills out the amalgam, coats the tooth with a snap-cure glue, squeezes some of the uncured composite out of a tube, puts in the hole, molds it into shape, trims, then ZAP! with some long wavelength high intensity UV from an LED. Full cure in about 15 seconds.
It`s not quite that simple. Due to shrinking of the composit material during the cure this works well only for very small cavities. For larger ones an imprint is necessary and to fabricate an "inlay" out of the mouth (in a dental laboratory) which is an elaborate procedure and therefore costly.

It's unclear to me what's more "natural" and "holistic" about these alternative materials.
These alternatives do not, as does "Amalgam", contain mercury which is a (neuro) toxic substance.
Other, more expensive, alternatives to this composit materials are ceramic or gold (the latter again is a metal and therefore can also lead to the described "battery" effect in the mouth).

Please note that there are countries where the use of "Amalgam" is prohibited in dentistry meanwhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.