Preparing for Irene

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Gin for me, Lillet for the XYL and 2 generators. Been charging SLA's all afternoon.

Attachments

• Irene.jpg
    Irene.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 202
We have a bunch of 60 to 80 ft trees close to the house also.......

I have a prototype 5 KW 12v Class D power amplifier here that I had designed for a client, and a bunch of 7 AH SLA batteries, so I'm going to feed 60 Hz into the amp and set output to 110V, to see if it'll run the sump pump. The batteries are probably too wimpy to keep it going for any amount of time though.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I'm not a religious man but I am praying for all of you. There's quite a number of members likely affected including Pano, our moderator in N. Carolina and Kevinkr in Mass.

Much appreciated.. It should hit us full on sometime Sunday from what I am hearing with some precursor weather coming late tomorrow. I'm 17.5 feet (5.3 meters) above sea level and less than 500yds from the shore (nice beach) so I am hoping the storm surge is no worse than they claim. I also have tall, ancient trees nearby..

We have never had a significant power failure in all the time I have lived here so we have no generator, but we do have a couple of UPS.. :p

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.