Happy Doomsday! :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
This particular group has been quite active in our area for a while. There are a couple of very expensive automated bill boards around Boston announcing the coming apocalypse, not to mention people with signs, and traveling motor homes and advertising trucks trying to get the message out..

Here is the Russian board of Schedule of Doomdays.

Translation:

2011: because of God.
2012: Planet Paradise
2013: Solar Activity
2014: Black Hole (also, Olympic Games in Sochi)
2015: Spring Equinox
2016: Great Flood due to Global Warming
2017: Theory of Hierarchic Catastrophes
2018: Nuclear War predicted by Nostradamus
2019: Collapse of out planet with asteroid NT7
2020: At last, should it happen some day?!

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member

Attachments

• HFO.jpg
    HFO.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 225
The nutcase that started this is Harold Camping, operator of the Familly Radio Network. He does not predict Doomsday tomorrow, he calls for the Rapture. Rapture is the event where true believers in Jesus Christ will be "beamed up" into heaven. This is the second coming of Jesus Christ as predicted in the Bible. He calls for the end of the world 6 months later.

The Bible also states that no man will know the time of the second coming. Mr Nutcase has made this prediction before and NOTHING HAPPENED.

I am a believer in Jesus Christ, but not in MR. NUTCASE, so I will be at the Dayton hamfest collecting goodies. If I am wrong and I get beamed up, there will be a Honda Element in the parking lot without an owner. There is a 5 KW RF amp in the back. Also a bunch of sweep tubes.

I think that there was an apocalyptic group around the early 1900's whose group was called "Irvingism" and other more official titles. The founder was a minster from Scotland but it was based in England. They had 12 "Apostles" and they also had a date for the end of the world. When the original 12 had died and it failed to turn up on time the rest of the member had the good grace and common sense to admit it and quietly folded up. Btw, for Australians interested in trivia, I believe Phil Irvine who designed many motor bike engines (Velocette, Vincent?) and the famous 1966 Repco F1 3 litre V8 engine for Jack Brabham's world championship victory was a descendant of the founder.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.