Happy Doomsday! :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Cassiel,
Re; #80.
Don't want to get in a long discussion about this as it is complicated but I am aware that there is a degree of confusion about terminology. When Jesus speaks of "the world" He uses it in a unique, technical sense in John's Gospel. It is easy to misinterpret that usage particular on first reading.

Secondly, I will readily grant you that Jesus speaks of temptations that come to people via the material world: true. But the point I was making was that the Judeao/Christian traditional, orthodox (both negative words in some places these days; I know!) understanding of actual physical matter i.e. atoms and molecules was a positive one and not an essential negative one.

Re; your second point..........I can only say that there is much room for discussion there too as the whole area of "consciousness" and where it resides is an extraordinary active one these days.........maybe another time!
( I apologise for my spelling btw. Never could,)
Jonathan

Disabled Account
Joined 2004
Don't want to get in a long discussion about this as it is complicated

Yes, it is. Scholars have been in disagreement for centuries. Pretty interesting topic but pretty religious too, so, even though I would like to add something else (I don't fully agree with you) moderators probably wouldn't allow it. Let's just leave it at that.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.