An old Volvo 745 at 300 km/h, 190 mph

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Reflection coefficient on infrared frequencies almost the same for any color of enamel. It depends on base more than on color of filling. Roofs of RVs are covered by special compound on acrylic base with silicone that contains salts of some metals, it reflects about 90 percents of solar radiation. I painted my roof by such thing, and as the result use air conditioner on very rare occasions. Before that it worked almost always in sunny days.

Last edited:
Why would anyone buy a BLACK car in the south? That's like driving around in an "easy bake oven".

I inherited it from my father. He bought it used so he probably didn't have too many colors to choose from. I don't know why but most of the V70 that I have seen are black. Yes it is an easy bake oven after sitting in the sun all day but it had a killer AC system that could cool the car down in about 2 minutes.

Pretty sure that's a RWD 740. 850's & v70's are FWD/AWD.

The 740 series Volvos were RWD. Note the rear tires spinning in the video. The 850s and V70's were FWD and AWD. A twin intercooled turbo version was available and rated at 300 HP.

A small block Chevy conversion kit for the 740 sedans was available here in the US for a while about 10 years ago. The owner of the company wrote a book on stuffing the SBC into several cars that it was never meant for. A fellow coworker spoke to the author several times while he was building his "Toyolet". It was a mid 80's Toyota Supra with a Chevy 350 from a Pontiac Trans AM. A very scary traction limited ride.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.