what to do...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Short and sweet: I want to know more about audio and reproduction including the physics behind it. Where would I go to learn this stuff, not including howstuffworks... that's very basic information. I want pretty technical stuff, maybe even study it in college. What kind of classes should I take and what kind of major would this kind of study be under? I've always been interested in audio, and have been fooling around with it for a long time, but never more than fiddling with setups. Quite frankly I want to know how to create an awesome setup, right down to the gory details such as choosing the correct crossover points, calculating ports, and box dimensions, and everything else that I can't seem to think of as of this moment. what is my best resource?

Take it slow. First of all you should begin choosing a specific way. It could be loudspeaker as it is relatively easy. If you choose this category, I think the best way to learn still the most inexpensive one. Books, net and this forum. If you want to study in this domain, I suggest you to go for electronic. You said you would like to create an awsome setup, I hope you know DIY still expensive... Anyway, you probably not gonna get it right at the first attempt. I don't think you should go for studies if you want an awsome system, you should go in a hifi shop! or begin somewhere with an easy project to understand how it really works. Hey have fun dude:nod: !

Another simple trick could be to print everything you see on the net, this way you wont hurt your eyes on the screen as I did.:(

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2003
res09ggm said:
Short and sweet: I want to know more about audio and reproduction including the physics behind it... ...I want pretty technical stuff, maybe even study it in college. What kind of classes should I take and what kind of major would this kind of study be under?

The course title you are looking for is BSc (Hons) "Media Technology". I don't know if it has made its way over to the US yet, but that's the title in the UK.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.