How do I switch on incoming email for my acct?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dear all,

Really sorry if this is a FAQ, or if this is the wrong place to post this query, but I couldn't see any other place to send such help-needed messages to.

I want other members to send email to me. And I want all posts that I make to carry the "email" button below them. (The two are related, I guess.) I just cannot figure out how to enable this for my account. I'll list the things I've tried:

1. I read the FAQ. I discovered there that Private Messaging is not the same as what I want.

2. I went into my Control Panel and edited my profile and my account options. I couldn't find any option which enables/disables incoming email to my account. I enabled Private Messaging. Still no luck.

Please can someone help? Just tell me where the proper procedure is listed, and I'll go read it. The FAQ tells you how to send email to another member, and says that this may not work for all members, if some of them have disabled their incoming email facility. But it doesn't tell me how to enable it.

Sorry if this is a newbie question; tell me what's the right place for such posts, and I'll try there. Don't want to test anyone's patience. :)

Thanks and regards,
Tarun

pinkmouse said:
Did you get my email about this?

Yes!!! (furious punching upwards with fist in the air)

YESSSS!!! (even more furious gesticulations).

You guys are so good, you don't even flame me for asking newbie questions. You'll actually encourage guys like me some day. :D

Thanks a million. Not only did it work, you replied very promptly.

regards,
Tarun

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.