Grab your Instrument..D to A...Listen!!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If you have an instrument in your home pick it up, tune it, and strum D......then when the note dies strum A.

Let me know what you find. [Please be in a relaxed state and let your mind wander.]

I'll tell you later. Better if you are someone who listens to hi-fi.

But SY, what did you find?

I can't wait to find out what Reeler tells us later.

Meanwhile, I tried the chords the other way around, A then D, and it felt rather uplifting.

Or were we only supposed to play individual notes? To often I get these things wrong.

The post didn't specify instrument or whether to play a single note or chord, if a chord, then major or minor or 7th or whatever, or whether the A should be same octave or next octave...

In any case, here's what I found: D then A. It sounded very much like a IV interval!:D

Maybe I should fish my wife's trombone out of the closet and try the notes on that...

D - to - A

If I'm sleeping I will always waken up to this combination. I don't know why or how. If I am in a Restaurant or some other place, I seem to "startle" at the combination of D-A.

I was always someone who was catagorized as a person who can identify notes, perfect pitch sort of thing, but now I'm 51 and things with my hearing have changed. Strange that it might seem, I perk at the combination of these two notes played in sequence...

D followed by A My brain tells me to listen!

Just these two notes....anyone else have this?

I listen mostly to Jazz & Blues.

Disabled Account
Joined 2004
well worth an extended visit.
If the visit it's too extended it wouldn't be that wonderful. Same with visiting friends. Pretty good city, much nicer than Madrid.

Chords progressions? Dm to Gm. Am to Em. Brain likes. Me don't know why nor do I care to know.

I will always waken up to this combination
No wake up chord for me. Nothing pleasant about it.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
If the visit it's too extended it wouldn't be that wonderful. Same with visiting friends. Pretty good city, much nicer than Madrid.

For many years now I prefer to find a nice bed and breakfast about 50 miles away from major cities. I enjoy getting to meet the locals and find out what life is about for the average family - the customs - traditions - views about things in their life. I think they call that making friends. :D:D:D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.