The food thread

The Bhut Jolokia Chocolate is quite sweet and fruity, tastes like those long, large, red peppers which you use for salads and such, "Spitzpaprika" in German. Of course, the distinction between Spitzpaprika and Bhut Jolokia is the brutal spiciness of the latter.

Its really fine to spice up a lasagna, for example.

Normally I put them into the freezer directly from the plant. Before use, just throw into a small pot with warm water and prepare just like a fresh one. Two things should never be forgotten: nitrile gloves and protective goggles.

Regards,
Rundmaus

The cracklin' and uterus came out just fine.

Attachments

• IMG_0688.jpg
    IMG_0688.jpg
    229.9 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_0691.jpg
    IMG_0691.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 103
Yeah, what I've had is definitely Cali-mex and not Mexican-Mexican.

Evidently your friends didn't get out much!

There's probably lots of room for misunderstanding of the average American's idea of Mexican food, once I see the orange cheese food I stop paying any attention. It's real queso bianco or why bother.

I have to admit the fish tacos in San Diego were awesome.

Haha, yes, the fish tacos are the most missed of all the SD eats (I'm not above the orange cheese fare if it's well done, though).

I was more surprised that people don't know that much of what we call ethnic foods in the US (I don't know if that's universal) are very modified forms of the real deal. But it's a fair point.

I often cook chicken homemade khebab! Found a great Turkish recipe. The main thing is the marinate made of yogurt with 6 spices (should be marinated not less than 5 hours). yumm!

There's a local Indian/Pakistani restaurant here in CLE which marinates lamb chops in this manner. It's their best selling meat dish. I've heard them called "lamb-sicles".