The food thread

Local restaurant's super bowl special

The head tastes best (Capt. P.G.)

Attachments

• head.jpg
    head.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 133
As any oral 'lucullus' will concur, decent head requires a decent swelling.
No doubt the piglet was in for a pro job.

This afternoon my nose commanded me to stop while I was passing the veggie section of the super. Whatayaknow, smoked garlic from Spain.
Now and then, this era does have it's merits.

(I took a strategic diplomatic break to hand you the honors, Mr Walton. :tongue: )

Attachments

• FireUp.JPG
    FireUp.JPG
    296.3 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
Reminds me of something from a Zap comic I once saw.

Mr. Wilson has fallen on hard times.

S. Clay Wilson Special Needs Trust Blog Archive S CLAY WILSON…The night that changed his life….

Years later Bryan Anderson brought him over to my house in Lawrence. They brought a bottle of Tequila which we finished as we watch “Beach Party Bingo”on the tv. Steve knew all the words to the movie. It was truly amazing as he lipsynched every word by every person in the movie.

Last edited:
An earlier newsflash reported that in 2015, both his father died and Philippe Rochat, Violier's mentor.

Top chefs pull insane hours and are under constant stress/pressure.
Loss of too many personal anchors in a short time-frame under such circumstances, and everyone's mental cork may/will pop.
Two days ago, he lost a star, must have known it sunday. Likely, the last straw will have been something in his private life, imo.

Shooting one's own brains out isn't uncommon in France.
Violier was a recreational shooter/hunter. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernard_Loiseau )

Last edited:
Not the cheapest, Iberico hamburgers ($10/lb) and Iberico chorizo ($18/lb), but highly recommended.

We have a saying here that something tastes as if an angel is peeing on your tongue. In this particular case it was a swine, two to be exact.

(regaining scent and full flavor after half a year of eating and smelling scat almost makes me in the mood for singing halleyetzer)

Attachments

• Piglet.JPG
    Piglet.JPG
    387.6 KB · Views: 92
Not the cheapest, Iberico hamburgers ($10/lb) and Iberico chorizo ($18/lb), but highly recommended.

We have a saying here that something tastes as if an angel is peeing on your tongue. In this particular case it was a swine, two to be exact.

(regaining scent and full flavor after half a year of eating and smelling scat almost makes me in the mood for singing halleyetzer)

Those don't look 96% lean. :D